Cold War, anyone?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by BootneckYank, Mar 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I love my country, and am proud of my heritage, but days like this make me want to change my name and move to Pitcairn Island: I was reading the news this morning, and saw where my beloved government is no longer satisfied with just p*ssing off every Arab and Muslim in the world, now we're going after the Russians again, accusing them of leaking our big war plan to Saddam! (like it really f**king matters at this stage!).
    I have no idea how to achieve true world peace in our time, but I'm pretty sure hurling pointless accusations at all and sundry is not the way to bring it about. Maybe we should just get it over with: Spin up those ICBM's, duck and cover!
    If you need me, I'll be asleep under a palm tree, just ask for "Fletcher Christian".

Rant over, time for coffee.

2. I don't think anyone has told Bush and his advisors that there is no longer any need to worry about 'Reds under the Beds'. Your lot do not seem happy unless they are lashing out at somebody.

3. Might just be Bush's insecurity coming to the for again. Probably thinks by lashing out like this it will take the peoples minds off the other stuff-ups he's been making

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

5. Saw a bumper-sticker in town the other day:
    "I love my country, but fear my government." about sums it up.

6. Join the gang - at least you were not totally cast adrift - you can still use the PX etc !!!!***

7. Some things will never change politicians & religious leaders will always find some way to go to war or get armed forces & civvies killed & maimed

8. BootyYank wrote
    now we're going after the Russians again, accusing them of leaking our big war plan to Saddam! (like it really f**king matters at this stage!).

You had a plan?

9. Maybe "plan" is a little strong, but it sounds a little more diplomatic than: "Stupid Fcuking idea."

10. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Bootneckyank,
    Now that's funny, I haven't laughed so much in years, why haven't I met any Yanks with a proper sense of humour before......

LOL

11. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

'Cos he's the only one and is spread a bit thin?

12. Match made in heaven
    Yanks whooped by little men in black pyjamas
    Ruskies whooped by cave dwellers
    Let em slap it out like a couple of kids in a playground
    Both countries are sess pits of crime and corruption unlike the green and pleasant lands of England where the streets are paved with gold.. :wink:
    My god Bush is a chimp boy but great entertainment value.

13. "Both countries are sess pits of crime and corruption unlike the green and pleasant lands of England where the streets are paved with gold.. "

You are extracting the urine, arn't you ? England free of crime ? Your joking. |Only the gulluble Irish believed the bit about paved with Gold

14. Reckon real peace has become a dream BY and it sure seems your leader is hell bent on WW3. Big business is pulling the politician puppet strings IMHO and they have probably got their space craft packed for a quick getaway with a planet picked out. Would be great to have a piece of peace though but dont give up hope despite Albert Einstein's comment

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

:mrgreen:

15. Indeed I am my friend, the state of England now was a major factor in my choosing a different (dare I say better) place to live. Still have fondness for England but it is fast going downhill, not the sort of place I would bring a kid up in that's for sure. I have a place on the barbican in Guzz and it is like watching the scum of the earth piling out of the pubs at kicking out time.

16. ]
    Indeed I am my friend, the state of England now was a major factor in my choosing a different (dare I say better) place to live. Still have fondness for England but it is fast going downhill, not the sort of place I would bring a kid up in that's for sure. I have a place on the barbican in Guzz and it is like watching the scum of the earth piling out of the pubs at kicking out time.[/quote]

UK must be going down the gurgler if is no place to bring up kids compared to Bangkok. I've not had the pleasure of visiting Bangkok but from what I understand it is the world's most popular place for sex tours, including a ped's paradise, bar girls, AIDS and drugs and maybe Avian flu. Can't wait to get there. Sad about UK. I remember the Barbican so well, in the pub with the fishing boats just out of the window,

17. I think that if were being realistic, there are very few country's that are actually better than the UK for crime, standards of living etc. It's easy to get in the Grass is always greener trap.

The only two that I can think of that I want to move to are Australia and Canada.

I got married in Aus and would love to bring my little girl up there.

18. It is very difficult to find a place without crime, drugs and all that and Australia has its share unfortunately. I still believe it is a good place though compared to some where law and order seems to have disappeared completely. Not sure about the Scandinavean countries, they were good particularly Denmark. In Oz though, in addition to the climate,
    food and wine , most of 'em speaka da english. Great place for youngsters IMHO,

19. Its not so much the crap law and order here that winds me up. Its more the way the political correcties won't allow decent citizens to do anything to make it right

and the way that everybody in the world who cares to come here has more rights than me me who is white (although I'm brainwashed into thinking colour doesn't matter) British by birth and English by the Grace of God

THIS IS MY COUNTRY - If they don't like it then Fcuk off back from whence they came

20. Thats the big snag----------they come here cos they know we are easy compared to where they have been born and brought up!
    another problem is once they are here we can't seem to get them out of the country . Its called asylum -------------I'm wondering if the Brits
    are the inmates!!