Cold is it?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Nutty, Dec 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today we lunched at a beach side restaurant, steaks and two bottles of a very nice local red, fresh strawberries and
    cream followed by coffee. The bill Oh! that came to 63 Euros now lets see that is £44 of your British pounds.

Then a stroll along the prom in the sun. Did it rain in the UK today, suckers.

Left to right Mrs Nutty, Mr B ex bomber Queen, Mrs B ex Jenny Wren.

[​IMG]

Luv and Hugs Nutty

2. Didn't rain here in Scotland -----------

Full Sunday roast lunch all the trimmings and a pint each at Wotherspoons
    cost £24 for four of us.

Eat your heart out /black cat that barsteward.

:nemo: :nemo:

3. Watched 150 guys and girls surfing on South beach Tenby.One hours kayak fishing 2 sea-bass at total weight of 4 kg.And a good night in the pub and stirred the shit on rum ration.

4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

yip, FREE tickets (8 quid each, kids for free,,,,nose a man that nose a man), Steam engine ride, Tea/coffee and mince pies, sing song with Mr accordion and friends, Santa even paid a visit and shut the wee 1s up with his presence. Anyway had a gr8 time today in Boness.

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/boness/railway/index.html

5. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Dunno, but we had snow here in Eastern Ontario (about 4 inches or so) and temperatures which peaked at -9 deg C from a low of -19 deg C; yesterday was similar weather and saw me and the rug rats out working at the local ski-club getting ready for opening in a week or two. Looking forward to the promise of another 16 in or so of snow in the next 48 hours!

Flags

6. Nutty
    You were ripped off mate. Just had family here and 9 of us were out last week for the evening, all we could eat and drink and the total was under 40 quid. Plus if required you can always nip into town after and for 25 quid get all night in. Still I can confirm it isnt raining

7. 12 hour shift,sandwiches out of my lunch box.Endless cups of tea.
    Nice air conditioned control room.

God how I hate you!

8. I am with you Rab but I cannot drive back to UK, as and when, from Thailand.

Stopped using planes. Door to door in car 19 hours. Door to door in Plane 8 hours. but in the plane I cannot take what I like in the way of weight, all my baggage is exposed to theft, damage of loss. Most Airport Staff act a little jobsworth Hitler's. What ever you say once you join the security checking queue you are imprisoned. Remember time is not a factor so a overnight stop in France and dinner is on the cards.

Nutty

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Just to cheer you up Nutty,

It blew a huelly here yesterday and f*king p1ssed down. Proper evil weather.

Happy to say it's a glorious morning though.

10. Nutty glad to see that you are having a good time, but your schadenfreude could be a bit premature. After all the next summer is just around the corner and I hear that Spain suffers from chronic water shortage, which is going to get worse long before it gets better.

Seasons greetings in advance.

11. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

But as a submariner, do you really think he'll be bothered? :)

12. Oh wow. Schadenfreude. What a great word to see on any forum :w00t:

13. Even submariners need to drink fresh water.

Pinkmafiosi, I used the word deliberately as there is no real English equivalent and it summons up the situation very neatly. Not that my attitude would be much different from Nutty's if I were to live in that area.

14. We will just let all the golf courses go to pot then hey presto loads of water.

Nutty

15. Excellent idea Nutty, which is why it will never work. Too much politics and money involved.

16. I'm still wearing a polo shirt and have been for the past week. Blue skies, light breeze, mild sun. If it carries on like this I'll be wearing my shorts to work again! Oh, sunny London! :) :) :)

PS: The scran's a bit more pricey here though :(

17. Ho hum...just another day here Nutty... :hockey:

[​IMG]

Definitely not raining though... :dwarf:

18. Thingy

What would give to sit in the sun in a nice picturesque Town Square with large coffee, even larger brandy and half a dozen very nice small cakes to eat whilst enjoying stimulating conversation?

NUtty

19. German-English Dictionary translates schadenfreude as "malicious glee or gloating. ...

Amazing what you can find on wikipedea!

And what a brillant word! :thanks:

20. Very jealous Nutty of life at Casa Del Maestro (I used to have a Maestro but that's another story).

Played golf today at Pitfirrane with three sweaters, full waterproofs and still had candles from nostrils.

Still have got Christmas and New Yera to look forward to at, hopefully, sunny Atalaya Park near Puerto Banus.