Col Bob Stewart (military expert!)

spider_monkey

Lantern Swinger
Just seen the news and it reported the incident of HRH Prince Harry (pongo) getting into a scuffle with the press types. It then had Col Bob Stewart gobbing off about the incident.

That bloke grips my sh1t! :evil:

Am I the only one?
 
Wasn't he the bloke in Bosnia who was shagging his interpreter? A very fine example of an Army officer at its best, don't you think!
 

slim

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
Wasn't he the bloke in Bosnia who was shagging his interpreter? A very fine example of an Army officer at its best, don't you think!
Depends, if his interpreter was female and pretty then thats OK. :oops:
 

slim

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
Oooo hello kettle, I'm pot, you're black
:???:
But Rosie even occifers have willies :shock: and they have the same problem as any non occifer, the willies brain. It is more powerful than the brain in the head and is the cause of many a mans downfall. Many politicians have proved this as fact. I rest my case. :cool:
 

slim

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
I am sorry ... are you saying that men think with their willy? Goodness me, that is a novel idea!
Well known fact Rosie. Its called Willie control i.e. the willie controls the man, the man does not control the willie. A little like women and shoes really :lol:
 

finknottle

Banned
Shoes! I don't think so all women are interested in is money because as sure as night turn into day one follows the other.

As for Colonel Bob, seems a decent sort of a chap.
 

2badge_mango

War Hero
slim said:
rosinacarley said:
I am sorry ... are you saying that men think with their willy? Goodness me, that is a novel idea!
Well known fact Rosie. Its called Willie control i.e. the willie controls the man, the man does not control the willie. A little like women and shoes really :lol:
Used to be known in the "old Navy" as a case of "Dick take coxwain".

2BM
 
slim said:
rosinacarley said:
Wasn't he the bloke in Bosnia who was shagging his interpreter? A very fine example of an Army officer at its best, don't you think!
Depends, if his interpreter was female and pretty then thats OK. :oops:
Slim

Why does female and pretty come into it when you are on station, OK I would like it to be female, but pretty, take what you can get, pretty is just a bonus.

Nutty
 
rosinacarley said:
I am sorry ... are you saying that men think with their willy? Goodness me, that is a novel idea!
Rosy

Thinking does not enter the equation. God gave man sufficent blood to operate either his brain or willy but not both together.

Nutty
 
Perhaps I did not make myself clear, I was clearly bemused by the mere concept that men actually think at all .... with their willies or indeed any other part of their anatomy.

Still you learn something new every day!

And Slim, what is wrong with shoes? A woman can never have too many shoes, or little sexy ankle boots or FMBs.
 

spider_monkey

Lantern Swinger
finknottle said:
As for Colonel Bob, seems a decent sort of a chap.
The bloke's is a ‘has been’. He gets dragged out of his box every time the military get mentioned in the news and he passes comment on issues which he has little or no understanding. What, apart from the Bosnia thing, has he ever done and when will the limited credibility he gained for that run out?

He should thin out from the public arena and do something more useful!
 

Tiffy_Massive

Midshipman
Col Bob Stewart was the CO of 1 Bn Cheshire Regt in Bosnia when it all kicked off. His warrior AFV was also hit by a landmine on patrol in Bosnia from which they all managed to get out of and clear the minefield without further mines going off. The 1 Bn Chrshire Regt also deployed on Op Granby (first Gulf war) as part of 7 Armd Bde and fought in just about all the actions during that campaign.
No doubt he has also been on several tours to Northern Ireland during his time where he undoubtedly showed his ability to command. These blokes don't get to be the CO of an Infantry Bn for nothing. They are well qualifed blokes who really know their sh1t. There is a lot of competition to be the CO and only the top few ever make it.
Having said that he is probably slightly out of date with some of his views, but you can bet your bottom dollar that he keeps up to date where he can and still has many contacts in the service.
Anyone who has a past knowledge and keeps getting asked to comment for money would do the same. He generalises on issues without going into too much detail. The mark of a very astute man.
 

Jarhead

War Hero
slim said:
But Rosie even occifers have willies :shock: and they have the same problem as any non occifer, the willies brain. It is more powerful than the brain in the head and is the cause of many a mans downfall. Many politicians have proved this as fact. I rest my case. :cool:
Robin WIlliams said it best: "How weird is God? Gives a man two heads and only enough blood supply to operate only one at a time."
 

Scouse_Scribes

Lantern Swinger
letthecatoutofthebag said:
Tiffy_Massive said:
Col Bob Stewart was the CO of 1 Bn Cheshire Regt in Bosnia when it all kicked off. His warrior AFV was also hit by a landmine on patrol in Bosnia from which they all managed to get out of and clear the minefield without further mines going off. The 1 Bn Chrshire Regt also deployed on Op Granby (first Gulf war) as part of 7 Armd Bde and fought in just about all the actions during that campaign.
No doubt he has also been on several tours to Northern Ireland during his time where he undoubtedly showed his ability to command. These blokes don't get to be the CO of an Infantry Bn for nothing. They are well qualifed blokes who really know their sh1t. There is a lot of competition to be the CO and only the top few ever make it.
Having said that he is probably slightly out of date with some of his views, but you can bet your bottom dollar that he keeps up to date where he can and still has many contacts in the service.
Anyone who has a past knowledge and keeps getting asked to comment for money would do the same. He generalises on issues without going into too much detail. The mark of a very astute man.
That all might be so but... it doesn't stop him gobbing off of things he doesn't know anything about. Despite his previous achievements (if he was so great how come he's not CGS?) he has become just another armchair colonel. His greed and acceptance of the journalists' cheques is only just marginally more acceptable than that of Turney and Batchelor.
Seem to remember that for all his undoubted character and military skills at the time, his judgement left a little bit to be desired. Didn't he get caught knobbing his translator??????????
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Anniversary of the UK-Col Partnership for Sustainable Growth MoD News 0
Ninja_Stoker Lt Col Bear Grylls RMR RMR 28
exile1 Col Willie McCracken MC RA Current Affairs 3
soleil Telegraph: "Col Tim Collins Blames SDSR Cuts On 'Jealous' Civil Servants In MoD" Current Affairs 14
scouse LT/COL Lee Archer "Tuskegge" Pilot RIP International 0
Waspie Lt Col Mark Gosling RM Retd. The Corps 4
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Bob's State of the Union Diamond Lil's 43
Seadog Bob Crow Has Gone to the Big Picket Line in the Sky Current Affairs 46
S Bob McGrory - Valiants and Repeat Valiants - RIP Submariners 0
trelawney126 Bretonside to Pompey 10 bob. The Gash Barge 9
SARKING Bob Holness death Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
Waspie RIP to Side Show Bob Motoring 3
B Bob Ainsworth Diamond Lil's 6
D Bob Geldof rages at BBC over Live Aid comment Current Affairs 39
BillyNoMates How to save a bob or two. Diamond Lil's 15
BillyNoMates Bob-a-Job ??? Diamond Lil's 9
Chicogiz Bob marley Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 42
S Newsnight 2 Oct 07 - Paxman vs Bob on 1,000 troops...! Current Affairs 9
slim Bob Geldof in biker crash Diamond Lil's 32
H Thanks for the memory Bob The Quarterdeck 0
Stirlin Rod Stewart.......model man. Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
MoD_RSS Rory Stewart calls for urgent funding on visit to Ebola-hit region in DRC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS International Development Secretary Rory Stewart visits Jordan in first foreign visit in role MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Rory Stewart statement on number of Ebola cases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Rory Stewart speech at the Africa Financial Services Investment Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Rory Stewart comments on IDC report into use of UK aid to tackle climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Rory Stewart appointed Secretary of State for International Development MoD News 0
soleil Defence Connect: "De-Risking The Type 26 Vessel, Nigel Stewart, SEA 5000 Managing Director, BAE Systems" International 0
finknottle Afghanistan The Great Game by Rory Stewart Current Affairs 3
soleil Tickets for Troops: Free Tickets For Rod Stewart Gigs The Quarterdeck 0
Andy_Pandy Captain Rennie Stewart - ex Tay Division Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
T Jock Stewart The Quarterdeck 10
Similar threads
































Latest Threads

Top