Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coast guard

bikerman

War Hero
Which friggin genius has decided put adverts on TV about the dangers of the sea with the tag line "you don't always get a warning"

It just grips my Toccy turnout.

Rant over. And Breathe. 8O

Rumrat

War Hero
bikerman said:
Which friggin genius has decided put adverts on TV about the dangers of the sea with the tag line "you don't always get a warning"

:D :D

bikerman said:

I applied for the Coast Guard, after leaving the mob ( one of many apps before I decided on the Mid East), and was asked what experience I had ....... apparently, then, 17 years Naval service wasn't good enough, nor that I did not have oodles of GCEs 8O
Earned better money overseas, so wasn't too bothered in the end really. :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T HM Coast Guard Current Affairs 17
MoD_RSS Natural England unveils plans for coast path in Essex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK leads thousands of NATO troops in major exercise off Scottish coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Operation Stack activated on coast bound M20 between junctions 8 and 9 in Kent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scheme on Northumberland coast enlarged to protect environment from rising mine water MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Boost for picturesque landscapes as Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty extended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS If you're going to the coast .... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-US trade negotiations to start this month as Minister of State for Trade Policy visits US East coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-backed Anti-Human Trafficking Child Protection Unit opened at the Kenyan Coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 17/2019: Loss of safety critical signalling data on the Cambrian Coast line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA accepts price caps on West Coast Rail lines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plans unveiled for coast path stretch in Hampshire and West Sussex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS West Coast marks new partnership model for rail MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Climate change tops agenda at Flood and Coast Conference 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman's speech to the North Yorkshire Coast Opportunity Area MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: East Midlands, South Eastern and West Coast Partnership franchise updates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: James Brokenshire announces over £36 million for the Great British Coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Storm Gareth - Operation Stack activated on coast bound M20 between junctions 8 and 9 in Kent MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Health and Social Care Secretary commits £12 million to get South East Coast ambulances back on the road more quickly MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Water company to pay a record £975,000 towards environmental improvements following sewage spills on Dorset coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Campaign to cut plastics around the coast gets boost thanks to Environment Agency MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Chief Inspector publishes his report on Border Force operations at south coast seaports MoD News 0
soleil RAF: "Four Lightning jets of 617 Squadron Are Currently Refuelling Off The Coast Of Canada On Their Way To The UK & Their New Home Of RAF Marham." The Fleet Air Arm 5
MoD_RSS Press release: South Coast jobs boost with £420m defence contract MoD News 0
DemobJob Port Meteorological Officer - Essex/Suffolk Coast The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Navy Shadows Russian Warship Off Scottish Coast" The Fleet 45
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Royal Navy Flag Ship Faces Tough Test Off Coast Of Cornwall" The Fleet 0
M Life on board an American aircraft carrier off the coast of Iran The Quarterdeck 8
MoD_RSS UK offers condolences to Ivory Coast following deadly stampede MoD News 0
soleil BBC News: "Royal Navy Arrests Suspected Pirates Off Somali Coast" Current Affairs 8
SARKING Major SAR Off The Welsh Coast Current Affairs 15
soleil ThisIsKent: "Navy To Sweep Sheppey Coast After 26 Active Bombs Found In 8 Days" The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS UK and French ships rendezvous off Libyan coast Current Affairs 0
finknottle A Royal Marine died after a secret mission off the coast of Portsmouth Current Affairs 0
soleil BBC: "Churchwarden Sworn In On HMS Ocean Off The Libyan Coast" The Fleet 0
soleil Navy News: "Bulwark Is Given A Thorough Workout Off The South Coast" The Fleet 0
TheLa Mail: "RN Loses 2,000lb WW2 Mine Off Essex Coast After Trying To Blow It Up" The Fleet 40
MoD_RSS HMS Bangor arrives at Libyan coast Current Affairs 0
soleil Telegraph: "Nuclear Submarine 'Within Metres Of Disaster' Off British Coast: Report" Submariners 2
Naval_Gazer South Coast Proms HMS Excellent 1 & 2 July 2011 Charity 2
BigBurt WWI submarine found off Dutch coast Current Affairs 0
scouse Beautifull ship off Libyan Coast on BBC News Yesterday The Fleet Air Arm 1
trelawney126 771 NAS Rescue Fishermen off Coast of Scilly Isles The Fleet Air Arm 9
MoD_RSS HMS Cumberland deploys to Libyan coast Current Affairs 0
supermario Ark to become tourist attraction off East Coast Current Affairs 0
Merlin28 French crewmen kidnapped from ship off Nigerian coast Current Affairs 0
D WRENS branch - souoth coast Social & Reunions 6
soleil T'graph: "Martello Towers: An Artistic Entente On The Coast" History 0
soleil Navy News: "Royal Marines storm the South Coast" The Corps 1
soleil "Portsmouth could become like Italy's Amalfi coast" Bases / Shore Est 7