Club foot

Touchstone

Midshipman
Sorry If this has come up already, point me in the right directions if so.

I have a burning desire get a commission with the RM, but theres some medical problems I am not quite sure about.

I was born with Club foot (talipes) on my left foot, not that severe. Not long after birth I had surgery to correct it. It does not pose a problem for me now but I wandered if this would stop me from passing the medical. It would, I believe, not prevent me from 'undertaking military training' so it shouldn't be a problem.

It would be terrible if this was the case, as it is the only route I can see my life taking.

I also wandered about eyesight. My eyesight isn't that great so I where corrective lenses, should this be a problem? Where can I find the exact details of my eyesight? Will it be on an optical prescription?

Thanks

Achmed

Lantern Swinger
royalbumbaclod said:
if you can jog 30 miles on it without it hurting and jump off numerous high objects you'll be fine.

Until you hit your forties, then commando/arduous trg comes and bites you...knackered knees, fcuked back, ankle problems etc :bball:

Touchstone

Midshipman
So I should be ok then? But what about the medical examination? I should get the all clear? From what I heard corrected injuries shouldn't be a problem...

I have yet to go 30 miles but I should be ok. As for that I will worry about that in my 40's, I don't care about my injuries as long as I get that green lid.

Now about the visual impairment...will that pose a problem?

Touchstone said:
So I should be ok then? But what about the medical examination? I should get the all clear? From what I heard corrected injuries shouldn't be a problem...

I have yet to go 30 miles but I should be ok. As for that I will worry about that in my 40's, I don't care about my injuries as long as I get that green lid.

I suggest you either speak to your local AFCo about these issues or PM a couple of blokes on here known as ninjastoker or angrydoc. They might be able to help. As for not caring about your injuries in later life.....you will mate!!

Touchstone

Midshipman
Nothing much, it's just not full spec, so I have to wear 'corrective lenses'.

What exactly is an AFCO? I had better start getting some more info/interviews sorted out.

Touchstone

Midshipman
Sounds good.

Will go to my AFCA.

Currently finishing my A levels, then going for a degree.

Now is it possible to pass AIB and get a place at Lympostone defered for when you finish a degree? Like with AOSB at Sandhurst.

Achmed

Lantern Swinger
Touchstone said:

OOH you will mate :strong: even women are running faster than me FFS

Achmed said:
Touchstone said:

Try wearing a skirt then they always did say woman with skirt up run faster than man with trousers down.

Achmed said:
Touchstone said:

As per my sentiments on my last post.

Touchstone you need to look after yourself mate as when you get a bit older you tend to realise that nobody else will pay your mortgage and clothe your kids. I have someone very close to me who was born with exactly the same medical problem as youself. She was operated on as a baby and some of her first photos included a plaster cast. As a consequence of this she has a slight shortening of one of her legs which in turn has led to problems with her hips. I suggest therefore that you make absolutely sure that this is what you want to do if indeed you have the same problems.

Good luck!!!