Clothing from Stores

I'm on leave until I deploy (3 weeks)
Currently based in HMS Nelson but I've taken my leave in central Scotland.

I need to grab tropical 1's, I was wondering if I can just show up at HMS Scotia (Rosyth) or another base with my kit book and MoD 90 and request the kit there.

Thanks gents

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Scotia is an RNR unit.
My gaust would be flabbered if they hold any tropical kjt at all, let alone in your required sizes.

Might Faslane be a better option? If not your home establishment, Nelson being the recognised lead for this.

cjg375

Lantern Swinger
I’m pretty sure you need a signed request form for “Grat issue of Tropical Uniform” from your DO in order to get the issue in the first place, not just KRB and ID Card. You certainly used to. Plus as B-H says MOD Caledonia is small, has limited need for Tropics, even with POW crew living there. Faslane is a better option but the security situation with regard to getting in is difficult. When I was last there we were having to do visit notifications for matelots not based there. They couldn’t get in on just their MOD90. It may have changed though. Bottom line having you act together before going on leave would have made life immeasurably easier for you.

Taztiff

War Hero
Travel back to Nelson early, lose some leave, get some trop kit.

Then spend remaining leave on the p!ss in Pompy.
(OK, that bits probably a bad thing)

Simples!

JFP

Badgeman
If you do get your kit locally, make sure that they do not forget to include your Tropical Burbs.

Mackan2017

Badgeman
Wasn't there a thread opened on here (quite some time ago) about RN Kit? I can no longer find it......must've been deleted....

Nothing to do with tropical kit, but this thread gives me the chance to mention that I've still got 3 sets of the old-style number 8s (cotton, early 70s pattern), along with a host of other kit from that (my) era......

Dusty70

War Hero
Wasn't there a thread opened on here (quite some time ago) about RN Kit? I can no longer find it......must've been deleted....

Nothing to do with tropical kit, but this thread gives me the chance to mention that I've still got 3 sets of the old-style number 8s (cotton, early 70s pattern), along with a host of other kit from that (my) era......
Which elicits the question..................................................why ???????