close quarter combat

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by 9inchesofheaven, Nov 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi I was just wondering how much attention and detail gets paid to close quarter combat (hand to hand fighting). and what type of stuff are RM's taught? is it a particular style or just a collection of techniques put together that are effective.thanx guys as usual.
  2. CQB is quick reactive fire at close quarters. When a firefight begins the momentum starts and continues until you come out of the other side. On the way through people get wasted and shot to peices but the fight continues. If you run out of ammo you used your bayoined or whatever you can get hold of so that you can rip and tear anything apart that gets in your way.

When it over, its over and that's that. But I'm sure you all know that.

3. You forgot to mention the trusty pick and spade the spade was bestest and unfortunately the old tin hemet is with us no more it was shite for wearing but it did have other uses.
  4. Those items come under "watever you can get hold of".

The tin hats!! LOL. I think they phased them out for the plastic ones in the mid 80's. I remember them though, they were a pain to keep on yer head.

5. Showing my age here regarding the tin helmet best helmet I had was the para at least you never resembled a nodding donkey.
  6. With respect my friend I believe the helmets at that time were very similar.

But not the same.