Climbing in The RN

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by david-cain, Oct 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a very keen climber... i am joing the RN in 5 weeks today. i was wondering after by basic and phase 2 training if there is much climbing opportunities? or if there are many climbing clubs within the RN?? any other climber on here who have anyinfo would be grate to hear from you thanks...
  2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Join the RNRMMC Plenty of opportunities to go climbing and plenty of climbers in the mob.
  3. Well you'll miss this years climbing competition, cause you'll still be in basic training. Where are you going for Phase 2? There are walls at both Collingwood and Sultan.
  4. thanks guys yeah look grate will join as soon as i can:) and not sure im going in as a diver... i have been told that i may have to wait a few weeks at portsmouth... as the diving courses arn't as regular as lets say engineering training courses.... but yeah cant wait right im off climbing now anyway ....
  5. Don't they offer mast manning, window climbing and wallbars any more then? ;)
  6. You could try climbing a salt encrusted and rusty mast, that should put you off for life!!!!!