Clicking ankle

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Hronos, Jun 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Everyone,

I've spent few weeks reading the forum, it's awesome resource, full of very useful information! So thank you all for this.

I'm currently thinking/getting ready to start application as an officer. However I'm a bit worried about medical test. I know it involves joint check, could anyone tell what exactly is checked? I often get a clicking noise in some of the joints, particularly ankles when I'm not moving for some time (like sitting in the office for 8 hours - it gets worse).

I haven't got any pain and never went to GP about this.

Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

2. Does it cause you any pain if you exercise, if not shouldn't worry too much, just make sure you're not standing around getting too stiff around the ankles while waiting for the medical. As you've not got any medical history noted cant see it being much of a problem.
    Angry Doc/ or Rumrat is the man to ask, why not PM them both. One is bound to reply

3. Thanks for your reply.

No it doesn't cause any pain at all and I'm doing martial arts without it affecting my performance. Good advice indeed to try and not get stiff while I wait =) Will I be considered mentally healthy if they see me doing some stretching and squats/jumping in the corridor? =D

4. You've answered your own question. Just keep the joint moving in an unnoticable way, dont draw attention to yourself, by either doing cartwheels in the waiting room etc. More importantly don't ask stupid questions, and only take informed authorative advice from qualified practitioners on medical questions and AFCO advice on joining questions. You'll get good advice and information that way without getting ribbed too much.

5. Thanks, I found clicking is getting better when I drink plenty of water.

6. ... is a load of shite.

7. Its the walking to the tap, keeping it mobile............? He said it only clicked when he was immobile????

8. Perhaps your de-hydrated. Take some of this with you when you go out and it should be fine
    dehydrated-water.jpg

9. Or slip a couple of these in your pockets if youve no room for the canned stuff.

th_Dehydrated-water.jpg

10. Well, thanks for advice everyone :D