Click Green: "UK Navy Chief Reveals The Military Response To Climate Change"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by soleil, Feb 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It seems to me that the navy (MOD) way of responding to climate change is to decommission ships! :(
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

The next part of this cunning plan is to reduce Tank numbers I understand :pr:
  3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Very true janner and for once the crabs are doing their bit by piling in their aircraft so they don't have to be scrapped!
  4. In-flight recycling?
  5. Fewer deployments and more time alongside the wall .... all for the Climate Change cause of course ...

In the meantime, will the USN still be flying lots of carrier born aircraft?
    In the meantime will cruise ships still be plying their trade whilst feeding people 24/7?

Ah well, I suppose every little helps ...

If Climate Change is man made, what did man do to cause the change in climate that stopped the Romans from growing grapes in Newcastle?
  6. And all those chinese coal fueled power stations too. Cant forget their contribution to saving the ozone :p
  7. Hmmmmmmmm now would be a good time to talk about CVN, CGN, etc then would it? No nasty emissions, just what the doctor ordered.

Oh look a Taxi, have my hat and coat could somebody sub me the money for the fare? a bit skint until the next payday you understand
  8. "No nasty emissions"

Yup, great idea - oh, hang on, what about the nuclear waste that will remain lethal for the next 200 years or so? I wonder what we would think of the people in the 1700\1800s who had left us a legacy like that?
  9. Scouse for ozone depletion read cfc's.
  10. Does this mean that Soleil's avitar will get bigger ?.. or disappear ? ....Tricky one that, sir.