Clearance Levels?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by C_T_W, Feb 3, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am applying to become a WS on the surface fleet coinciding with an application to become a Warfare Officer (Due to uncertainty of future eligibility for officer application to proceed). My query, that I hope someone can help with is; I have been granted clearance for WS however have been told by AFCO I will need to obtain clearance again for Warfare Officer. Does this mean the clearance level for officer is higher/harder to get than for a rating? Or is it simply due to the fact it is a separate application and therefore kept separate in all aspects?

I did ask a careers adviser this on the phone however it was one of those conversations that didn't provide much clarity and I don't wish to phone up again asking the same question.

After searching the old threads I'm hoping this isn't another repeated question regarding security clearances as I failed to find it.

Many thanks.
  2. Both jobs only require an SC.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. When/if you need to know about the various levels of clearance you will be told, until then.........
  4. Thanks for answering my question.

I asked simply to put my mind at ease.