Clear as mud

LeadPencil

Badgeman
On the PRNC what happens if you don't meet the satisfactory amount of press ups or sit ups?

Will your Raleigh date be moved? Will this stop you from getting in the Navy? I'm unsure of the repercussions.

fishhead

War Hero
On the PRNC what happens if you don't meet the satisfactory amount of press ups or sit ups?

Will your Raleigh date be moved? Will this stop you from getting in the Navy? I'm unsure of the repercussions.
Firstly cards on the table I am no expert on the situation. The whole point of the PRNC is to assess your ability to cope with the intense initial training period. It would be unfair on yourself to invite you to join only to find that you struggle with the physical part of it and have to be sent home.
Top tip Give it your best shot and be seen to be squeezing every last ounce of energy out of your complaining muscles. The staff will assess your results and you'll be advised as to how you measure up and if below standards what work needs to be done by yourself to meet them.

LateToTheParty

Lantern Swinger
There is no test for press ups and sit ups at PRNC it's just best effort, that said if you cannot bang out 20 press ups and 40 sit ups then you will struggle to no end even in week 1 of Raleigh let alone any other week.

That said if you fail your Run or Swim at PRNC your joining date is put back at least 3months

LeadPencil

Badgeman
There is no test for press ups and sit ups at PRNC it's just best effort, that said if you cannot bang out 20 press ups and 40 sit ups then you will struggle to no end even in week 1 of Raleigh let alone any other week.

That said if you fail your Run or Swim at PRNC your joining date is put back at least 3months
I passed my PRNC.

Thanks for your input though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Government delivers 250,000 clear face masks to support people with hearing loss MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVLA hits the road with clear warning to tax it or lose it MoD News 0
E Aircrew Asthma - 4 years clear? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
MoD_RSS Work to clear surface weed on the River Colne MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Getting Clear on Student Finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Corporate trustee of The Cup Trust responsible for ‘clear misconduct and mismanagement’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM: We are clear-eyed about threat from Iran MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM: New counter-extremism strategy is a clear signal of the choice we make today MoD News 0
Passed-over_Loggie Clear for Action, The Calvinists are Coming! Diamond Lil's 25
soleil Mail: "You Are Clear For Take-Off - Cormorant Feels The Need For Speed on Lusty" The Fleet 9
soleil Herald: "Royal Navy Recruits Help Clear Up In Torpoint" Bases / Shore Est 0
MG Maniac Sonar ... clear your inbox! Diamond Lil's 1
soleil Navy News: "Guns For Hire – To Clear Up Your Garden" The Corps 5
MoD_RSS Royal Marines help clear Helmand route of IEDs Current Affairs 0
D Can any MA(gs)'s clear this up for me Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D All clear Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
T Hold it, this isn’t the all-clear to kill Granny.... The Gash Barge 2
Y Clear up a few things. Health & Fitness 11
T Mud Run! The Corps 47
rod-gearing Female celeb mud wrestling on tv Diamond Lil's 14
daffy1 Mud runs Health & Fitness 42

Latest Threads