Cleaning cotton caps

AntC

Lantern Swinger
I have been given, a nice Gieves cotton cap, but was hoping to clean it before I wear it (the last owner hasn't worn it for quite a while, and it's not as white as it could be!)

Does anyone have any idea how I can go about cleaning the cap?

Thanks
Ant

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
AntC: Perhaps you should be a little bit more proactive in your efforts to clean it, rather than blaming someone else for their answer... :thumright:

Some people recommend toothpaste or Steradent for cleaning plastic cap covers or even painting them with Humbrol white enamel. Bleach and other strong cleaners only turn them yellow. I suggest you replace your nasty plastic cap cover with a proper cotton pique version that can be laundered over and over again. Available for purchase online here.

AntC

Lantern Swinger
sgtpepperband said:
AntC: Perhaps you should be a little bit more proactive in your efforts to clean it, rather than blaming someone else for their answer... :thumright:
That doesn't make any sense at all. I'm on here asking for advice because I'm struggling to be proactive cleaning it. I haven't been around that long, I'm not exactly going to know everything without help am I?

Does the cover come off at all (They usually do)?
If so, just dhobey it as cotton.
Don't tumble dry it though or it will only be fit for a fez!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
AntC said:
...That doesn't make any sense at all. I'm on here asking for advice because I'm struggling to be proactive cleaning it. I haven't been around that long, I'm not exactly going to know everything without help am I?
Hmm, ever heard of asking your LHOM, PO PoS, Div. SR, DO for this help?! At least you'll get a straight answer... :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Blue Jokes 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
W Social & Reunions 14