Class War in Parliament?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Always_a_Civvy, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought you might enjoy a bit of light-hearted entertainment, so here goes.... Apparently the Serjeant at Arms will be spending more time on his Estate after clashing with Mr. Speaker. It all makes fascinating reading, particularly the bit at the bottom of the page about what Michael Martin's dad was. Only sorry he wasn't in the RN rather than the MN. :biggrin:

PS: No ribald comment's please!
  2. PS: No ribald comment's please

Then why post it?

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Isn't it Sergeant..?
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Really, whys that then...?..(unless I've been spelling it wrong for all these years...distinct possability I admit)
  6. Absolute class
    Perhaps Uncle Tom the old Ark Royal Joss should be approached to see if he's interested in the position.
    Imagine a pussers Joss with a bunch of RPOs and crushers. MPs wouldn't know where they stood.
  7. Ahhhh,he was educated at Ampleforth!Nuff said!
  8. Anyone spot the other link to the RN?

"Mr Martin is barely on speaking terms with the Speaker’s Secretary, Angus Sinclair, after similar breakdowns in relations with his two predecessors"

Anyone remember a Pusser Captain of the same name who left the mob a couple of years ago? One and the same?
  9. Archaic usage, goes with the hose and buckled shoes :)

Nicely done :)
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I think they spell it differently for the Serjeant of Arms, its probably something post and above us mere mortals