Clarkson speeding case dismissed

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Sep 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the man has golden bollox

2. Talking of Clarkson - did anyone see that magic episode of top gear where the daft sods tried to use a Relient Robin as a Space Shuttle. Built the biggest Non commercial rocket in europe to do it I believe and the only thing that it failed on was a explosive bolt failed! Should have used a Sea Slug .. perhaps not!

3. No, but I've seen the Winter Olympics Special where they sent a rocket powered car down a ski jump!

4. i seen the rocket reliant one hilarious but the fly and drive through deep south america when they painted there cars with anti hic slogans was awesome the petrol station scene with the redneck woman shouting tio get her boys round you couldnt script that

5. Clarkson's an out and out tosser so fcuking well cares.

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Getting off a traffic violation ticket is not difficult... PM me for details. Gen! 8O

7. My son actually won when he contested the automatic speeding penalty he acquired. By taking photographic evidence of the poor quality non maintained road signs and presenting his case to the magistrate the case was thrown out of course. The prosecution were advised to get their act together. He then received a letter from the prosecution service (or whichever authority deals with speeding) that they had dropped the case and would not be proceeding.
    I think one answer to these cameras, is gather evidence and be prepared to go to court.
    The real answer of course is to stay within the speed limits.

8. Are you cheaper than Clarkson's solicitor, Mr Loophole?

9. I just love it when the TRAFFIC Thought machines get fecked off due to the cock ups. More power to Clarksons elbow. Yes he may be a tosser but the Money making camera, (oops sorry Traffic control camera) get fecked off. more of us should challange the evidence..

10. I've heard of one way of appealing that is quite successful apparently. It involves asking for the service records of the camera and dates of their calibration etc.

Also asking them to prove its you who was driving.

11. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I went to see them filming the Typhoon v Bugatti race on Wednesday, obviously we all know who won. That Richard Hamster bloke is tiny, nice bloke though spent plenty of time chatting with the small crowd, as for the Bugatti......... I want one!!

12. Windy,

I don't suppose you have your avatar stuck in your car's back window?

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hehe... nothing to do with photographic evidence or appealling against any decision; just knowing your rights under the Human Rights Act (yeah, that one!) and the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. Nothing secret or illegal - just knowing your rights!

The only legal requirement is your duty in accordance with the Road Traffic Act 1988 Section 172:
    "the person keeping the vehicle shall give such information as to the identity of the driver as he may be required to give by or on behalf of a chief officer of police...". Or provide the police with the details of the owner of the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence.

However it is the duty of the Police to prove that the owner and the driver are one and the same, using evidence obtained under PACE. Under the HRA no-one has the right to self-incriminate outside of a formal police interview. By accepting a Fixed Penalty Notice/Notification of Intended Prosecution you are accepting liability of the offence, and would not likely win the case on appeal. Additionally you have to be charged within 6 months of the offence for the case to proceed to court.

Further info can be obtained via PM.

:wink:

14. Motor Cycle News did this one a while back and there's a web page with
    lots of details of how bikers can get away with speeding after being
    'snapped' by Gatso type camera's .

Its basically the same as SPB says ---------

you have the right in law to withhold any evidence that may incriminate yourself!! Voluntary confessions in the case of speeding tickets do not get you any favours

:nemo: :nemo: