Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clarkson at it again?

The_Jimmy

War Hero
News coming through down under about Jeremy Clarkson...this time he has upset the Poles re some spoof ad, can anyone tell us more?

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
The_Jimmy said:
News coming through down under about Jeremy Clarkson...this time he has upset the Poles re some spoof ad, can anyone tell us more?

Spoof advert for a VW with the tag-line "Berlin to Warsaw in one tank" :) more here.

The_Jimmy

War Hero
FlagWagger said:
The_Jimmy said:

Spoof advert for a VW with the tag-line "Berlin to Warsaw in one tank" :) more here.

Thanks Flags

I found it funny...what is happening up top has everyone gone PC nuts?
:D 8)

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
The_Jimmy said:
FlagWagger said:
The_Jimmy said:

Thanks Flags

I found it funny...what is happening up top has everyone gone PC nuts?
:D 8)

Looks like it doesn't it - I can't tell from direct experience anymore having fled the country myself 3 years ago.

Sparrowhawk01

Lantern Swinger
The_Jimmy said:

He didn't upset the Poles, out of the millions of viewers the bbc received only 100 complaints, non from any polish or German peoples (according to the popular press).

It was very funny though, My Grand-father died in a Polish concentration camp, he fell out out his guard tower and broke his neck! :lol:

yicker

MIA
I can't remember if his "The only problem with the German BMW Satnav is that it only goes to Poland" upset anyone? Or was it not fashionable to slate him back then?!?

Well, we watched it, found it refreshingly un-PC and laughed a bit. It wasn't that funny, but I'll bet that VW weren't too impressed, as it gave their diesel-engined Scirocco a bit of a pasting.

If there are those, providing they are not professional complainers, who couldn't live with the humour, that's what the Off bit of On/Off is for!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
frogman007 Clarkson does it again. Diamond Lil's 114
4to8 Clarkson at it again The Gash Barge 3
MoD_RSS Iain Clarkson to join National Nuclear Laboratory Board MoD News 0
MG Maniac Clarkson and the Patagonian Trip Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
taffscrivs Clarkson Current Affairs 10
drewfester Jeremy Clarkson The Quarterdeck 113
soleil Pompey News: "Jeremy Clarkson Filming Arctic Convoys Documentary" The Fleet 7
WhizzbangDai Clarkson made a good point... The Quarterdeck 39
H Clarkson in trouble for telling the truth Current Affairs 1
S Clarkson? He means Paxman..... Current Affairs 12
bikerman sacking Clarkson Current Affairs 39
B THE THOUGHTS OF JEREMY CLARKSON Diamond Lil's 3
sgtpepperband Clarkson stung after bank prank Diamond Lil's 2
A Mrs Clarkson and H4H Current Affairs 15
slim Clarkson speeding case dismissed Diamond Lil's 14
D Clarkson The Gash Barge 29
slim Clarkson rapped for "ginger beer" rhyming slang Diamond Lil's 20
A Jeremy Clarkson The Sun 9 Dec 06 Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Face to face assessments start again at the CNC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Save the Children UK can bid for Government funding again after improving safeguarding standards MoD News 0
D well meet again Diamond Lil's 6
D We'll meet again Diamond Lil's 2
Pandaplodder Cybernats at it again! #indyref2 Current Affairs 2
MoD_RSS Work starts again to improve flood defences in Lower Bootham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fish start to spawn again after successful restoration work MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government welcomes broadcasters' move to get the cameras rolling again MoD News 0
MoD_RSS We will meet again: government honours VE Day with UK first-ever skytyping display MoD News 0
M I put my application on hold a year ago. Do I have to re-apply & start again or can I carry on where I left off? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS News story: Blackpool Tower rides again MoD News 0
B Vetting (again!) RFA 21
L Can I join again?? Osteopenia and vitamin d deficiency Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS News story: Dstl ranked in the Top 100 employers for school leavers...again! MoD News 0
T Medical problems... again! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
M Civvy to matelot and back again The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 8
Keithdwat579 Expanding the Navy again Current Affairs 111
fishhead Say again your last Land Ops 2
D Eczema... again! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
F Tattoos again Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
dapperdunn It's crusade time again Current Affairs 0
C Getting FAT again Joining the Royal Navy 2
northern-matelot Joanna's Reunion, pretend you're a skin and essence AB again! Social & Reunions 6
O They're at it again. Current Affairs 3
D Eyesight question again Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
wet_blobby Demoted again....... Diamond Lil's 38
N Waiting times again Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
higthepig That time of year again.......... History 1
G Daily Mail caught lying again. How long can they get away with it? Current Affairs 31
WreckerL Phil the Greek does it again. Diamond Lil's 22
wave_dodger Daily Mail does it again Current Affairs 103
northern-matelot Rewarding Reservists. Nothing for Regulars....Again! Current Affairs 53