Clarkson at it again?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by The_Jimmy, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. News coming through down under about Jeremy Clarkson...this time he has upset the Poles re some spoof ad, can anyone tell us more?

2. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Spoof advert for a VW with the tag-line "Berlin to Warsaw in one tank" :) more here.

3. Thanks Flags

I found it funny...what is happening up top has everyone gone PC nuts?
    :D 8)

4. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Looks like it doesn't it - I can't tell from direct experience anymore having fled the country myself 3 years ago.

5. He didn't upset the Poles, out of the millions of viewers the bbc received only 100 complaints, non from any polish or German peoples (according to the popular press).

It was very funny though, My Grand-father died in a Polish concentration camp, he fell out out his guard tower and broke his neck! :lol:

6. I can't remember if his "The only problem with the German BMW Satnav is that it only goes to Poland" upset anyone? Or was it not fashionable to slate him back then?!?

7. Well, we watched it, found it refreshingly un-PC and laughed a bit. It wasn't that funny, but I'll bet that VW weren't too impressed, as it gave their diesel-engined Scirocco a bit of a pasting.

If there are those, providing they are not professional complainers, who couldn't live with the humour, that's what the Off bit of On/Off is for!

8. :roll: So who is the biggest tosser, Clarkson or Jeremy Kyle? :p