Clarification needed on RM Pay details

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Cubeh, Oct 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found this on the royal marines website about pay:

Marine £15,677 - 26,664

When you're doing the 32 week training course you will be earning £12,572, or £241.70/week.
    - you'll be so busy you won't have much time to spend it, and with your accommodation and food* being paid for directly from your wages, it'll feel like a lot more.

What I wanted clarified is what they are saying about accomodation. They say it is paid for directly from your wages. Does this mean the amount you will receive during training will be less than £12.5k or £12.5k is the amount you will get after your accomodation is paid for?

It left me a little confused because the way I understand it is that it will be deducted from the £12.5k, which means it won't feel like a lot more afterall!
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Pay scales as shown are before deductions; however food/accommodation fees will be taken from source prior to appearing in your bank account.
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

4. Just as in civvy street the landlord has to be paid and show me the cafe that feeds you for free, all the money you get in your fist (Bank account) are beer tokens (Well after you've paid the HP on your iPod, Combined TV/Radio/CD player and settled your account at your Gentleman's Outfitter of choice so that you can wear the latest gear when you're on the pull.).
    If you wanted to make a lot of money you should have applied to go on The Apprentice, but Donald can only BUY a Green Lid!
  5. That bit about being too busy to spend it? True dat. Money will be one of the farthest things from your mind.