Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clarification needed on RM Pay details

Cubeh

I found this on the royal marines website about pay:

Marine £15,677 - 26,664

When you're doing the 32 week training course you will be earning £12,572, or £241.70/week.
- you'll be so busy you won't have much time to spend it, and with your accommodation and food* being paid for directly from your wages, it'll feel like a lot more.

What I wanted clarified is what they are saying about accomodation. They say it is paid for directly from your wages. Does this mean the amount you will receive during training will be less than £12.5k or £12.5k is the amount you will get after your accomodation is paid for?

It left me a little confused because the way I understand it is that it will be deducted from the £12.5k, which means it won't feel like a lot more afterall!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Pay scales as shown are before deductions; however food/accommodation fees will be taken from source prior to appearing in your bank account.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Just as in civvy street the landlord has to be paid and show me the cafe that feeds you for free, all the money you get in your fist (Bank account) are beer tokens (Well after you've paid the HP on your iPod, Combined TV/Radio/CD player and settled your account at your Gentleman's Outfitter of choice so that you can wear the latest gear when you're on the pull.).
If you wanted to make a lot of money you should have applied to go on The Apprentice, but Donald can only BUY a Green Lid!
NZB

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Developing the Royal Navy’s autonomous underwater capability: commercial clarification MoD News 0
B Cyprus - clarification on berths Travel & The Great Outdoors 3
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: clarification on payment rules for judicial review MoD News 0
J Clarification regarding eczema DQ for Royal Marines Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
B Clarification on RNR joining / training Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
D Just a bit of clarification with regards system engineer cadet officer recruitment RFA 1
S medical clarification - RFA joining process RFA 1
soleil STV: "Church Calls For Trident Clarification" Submariners 10
Dutch Clarification on JPA payroll.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
A UCAS Points Clarification Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
H Information needed. Submariners 2
MoD_RSS Government gives businesses much-needed breathing space with extension of insolvency measures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New regime needed to take on tech giants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ARTEMIS - jHubMed delivering innovation right where it is needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Constructive engagement in the UN-led process is needed to achieve peace in Yemen MoD News 0
T Guidance needed for phase 3 Discharge Shock Joining the Royal Navy 69
MoD_RSS Inclusive government action needed to bring stability to Mali MoD News 0
O Advice needed on order of medals earned by my Granddad in WW2 History 29
E Tracing ships visits - Help needed The Fleet 3
L Information needed. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS News story: Greater diversity needed to secure future health of the rail industry MoD News 0
R Advice needed after DUDT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Assistance needed to complete my application Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Press release: Ofsted: Stronger partnerships needed to tackle knife crime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Timpson says a locally-driven approach needed to rejuvenate high streets MoD News 0
TechFin Not meeting the needed grades? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
T Advice needed: officer vs rating Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
D Dartmouth or RNP? Advice needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
M Suxamethonium Sensitivity - advice needed Joining the Royal Navy 1
C SOS - Help needed to figure out how to find my Nans records? History 7
A Advice needed! RFA 9
S ARK ROYAL CREW - HELP NEEDED Bases / Shore Est 15
Polly Kit needed on board. What to carry. RFA 11
B PMU for Pilot - advice needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
wet_blobby Help needed for Junglies farewell flight. The Fleet Air Arm 21
T Advice needed please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Speech: Home Secretary: International action needed to tackle terrorism MoD News 0
D Some pointing in the right direction needed.. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
T RFA Hearing requirements - advice needed! RFA 3
dcac84 Westminster, directions needed! Bases / Shore Est 3
DemobJob ** PERSONAL ASSISTANT NEEDED - BRISTOL - £100 per day ** The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
D Please, urgent advice needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
A Help needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
S Help needed!! Submariners 2
matt93 HELP - advice needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Help needed medical deferral or fail? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
G Help needed re; equipment to take to Raliegh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
S Arctic Star help needed History 9