Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Civvie Street Reserve Policies

Trouble

Midshipman
If any of you have a good example of a reservist policy in your Civvie job, could you please PM me so that I can get a copy off you. My employer has just realised that they don't have one and I want to get hold of some really good examples of what other employers allow. I know SABRE has an example of one, but I really would like some that are currently being used in various types of companies.

Thanking you in advance guys.

trehorn

War Hero
Could i have it too please.

Not sure how much use it will be as my company has recently been making redundancies and when i offered to disapear for six/twelve months with the RNR my gaffer still wouldnt have it????

Understand that? I dont!

My NHS trust is happy to give 14 days. 7 paid, 7 unpaid. The trust chairman is an admiral!

I would like 14 days paid, but can live with the above. Some places won't stretch anything close to that.

trehorn

War Hero
one of our lads works for the nhs and gets 5 days. Not sure if thats paid or unpaid.

Strange how they all have different schemes.

scousehillier

Midshipman
Two weeks paid leave

Territorial Army
Two weeks paid leave will be granted for attendance at annual camp. Additional time off will need to be taken out of your annual holiday entitlement. If you are compulsorily mobilised there are procedures for you to follow but your job will be protected. The above also applies to Royal Naval Auxiliary Service, the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve and other reservist organisations.

broadside

War Hero
Not wishing to be pedantic - oh alright then - just to be pedantic, the Royal Naval Auxilliary Service (RNXS) was disbanded yonks ago in the 1990s - can't remember the exact year but I am sure there will be many who will.

War Hero
trehorn said:
one of our lads works for the nhs and gets 5 days. Not sure if thats paid or unpaid.

Strange how they all have different schemes.

Individual NHS trusts have quite a lot of latitude about how they do business.

I get five days paid, five days unpaid or from leave and some flexibility around the odd day here and there subject to client commitments and making up the billable hours in other ways.

If I'm mobilised then they'll abate my targets for the year so it should affect bonus, and continue my non-financial benefits.

Don't have a cope of the policy to hand, but I think it's based around the SABRE model.

who_blue

Badgeman
ginger_lad said:
My NHS trust is happy to give 14 days. 7 paid, 7 unpaid. The trust chairman is an admiral!

I would like 14 days paid, but can live with the above. Some places won't stretch anything close to that.

My trust gives 2 weeks paid and 2 weeks unpaid. If I'm really honest, I'm surprised they support it at all.

With the amount of clinical staff they could potentially lose to deployments etc, it's a risky game.

I work for London Underground and they allow 2 extra weeks paid leave a year as well as flexible shift working to allow attendance at training evenings. Also if I'm mobilised my job is protected by law which you all prob know anyway. My lot seem all for it from what I've seen so far :thumright: As an additional comment, does anyone know how in practice the money situation works if you are mobilised i.e does the MOD start making up the difference between civvy pay and service pay as soon as you are away? That would be useful when there are bills to pay! Cheers

broadside

War Hero
scousehillier said:
and other reservist organisations.
[/quote]

And I reiterate that the RNXS "disappeared" as a reservist organisation in the 1990s so that statement (if taken from a publication) is at least 10 years old.

If it is something you made up yourself - and posted on the RNR pages at RR then "wake up" to the fact that the RNR is not the RNXS!

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
As i understand it ......
When you get mobilised your employer stops paying your salary and any other expenses you recieve such as private health care, pension, car allowance etc.

The RN then start paying you as per the package you have personally agreed before you arrive for your mobilisation.

The figure agreed is based on your pay slips, bank statements etc etc which you use to justify your salary request from the MOD.

So basically if you earn £40,000 a year plus £5000 car allowance and get an annual bonus of £2000 then you provide the paper work to prove it and it should be agreed that the MOD will pay you the equivilant during your mobilisation. Also, if you will incur additional expenses due to your mobilisation such as child care, kennelling, gardening costs etc then these can also be taken into account.

I'm sure that someone who's been mobilised can clarify the above.

I would be interested to know from those who've bee mobilised recently how the RN are handling your pay. I know of a few people who really suffered because the RN didn't seem to give a toss if they got paid at all, let alone paid correctly.

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
broadside said:
scousehillier said:

And I reiterate that the RNXS "disappeared" as a reservist organisation in the 1990s so that statement (if taken from a publication) is at least 10 years old.

If it is something you made up yourself - and posted on the RNR pages at RR then "wake up" to the fact that the RNR is not the RNXS![/quote]

Bloody hell, at least they have a reservist policy. It seems obvious to me that the bloke quoted this from somewhere. Out of date it may be but it still mentions other reservist organisations which covers the point you are trying to pick at.

Scousehillier has posted a few things on RR trying to find out more info about the RNR and all he seems to have got in return is tossers wanting to pick holes in his posts.

He's ex-RN and is looking to join the RNR. People like him should be welcomed, not belittled because of minor errors in posts.

Its very disapointing and all seems very childish to me. Give the guy a break.

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
broadside said:
scousehillier said:

If it is something you made up yourself - and posted on the RNR pages at RR then "wake up" to the fact that the RNR is not the RNXS![/

Bloody hell, at least they have a reservist policy. It seems obvious to me that the bloke quoted this from somewhere. Out of date it may be but it still mentions other reservist organisations which covers the point you are trying to pick at.

Scousehillier has posted a few things on RR trying to find out more info about the RNR and all he seems to have got in return is tossers wanting to pick holes in his posts.

He's ex-RN and is looking to join the RNR. People like him should be welcomed, not belittled because of minor errors in posts.

Its very disapointing and all seems very childish to me. Give the guy a break.

SO2Seaman

Lantern Swinger
REF Mobilisation & RN Pay etc
As one who was mobilised this time last year, I must say that the RN did a good job understanding my Civvie pay, and making it up. In the mobilisation pack are some pretty clear instructions and advice - I say that as a single parent. However despite what I and other's have posted, the bible is the Official Service Pubs, and it is a bit dangerous to take what I've said as gosple (times & regs change etc). But the bottom line from me, was that I was not finincially penalised at all - But I am PAYE, I have no experience of Self Employed. I think SABRE can give you (and your employer) the ground truth.
Good luck
SO2 Seaman

scousehillier

Midshipman
FLASH! Bloody hell Broadside you need to go for a walk on the flight desk to chill out.

The details I posted were from my employers intranet and are up to date (as they see it) so no I never made it up.

I was merely posting to the lads question regarding reservist leave and I hope he and others find it useful.

Treehorn2, thanks for your post/support it is appreciated :thanks:

smellyirma

Badgeman
T2 - broadly (but not Chris) correct, apart from;

"The RN then start paying you as per the package you have personally agreed before you arrive for your mobilisation."

you turn up for moblisation, sign on and then see an adjudication officer who decides what reservist award you will receive. having said that he was brand new, i did not hear any negative comment from any of my group about cash, so BZ to him for that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Civvie street The Corps 42
B Civvie Job Capabilities Joining the Royal Navy 2
K 21 Civvie to RN Air Crewman/Observer, going for NSRT - got a few concerns! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Civvie plumber thinking of becoming and engineering technician marine engineer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
soleil BBC1: "Civvie To Sailor (sic)" - Sunday 19th June 2011 -17:30 Bases / Shore Est 16
K FFS, you expect it from the civvie press but the MOD website Current Affairs 24
C Tracing a civvie ship MV Lena 1991 - Gulf War 1 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS UK aid to protect high street supply chains MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Eight reasons to Shop Local this week to help the high street bounce back MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Man who repeatedly stabbed student on a Loughborough street in jail for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Downing Street statement on Glasgow incident: 26 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land at 43/45 and 39/41 Notting Hill Gate and 161-237 (odd), Kensington Church Street, London (ref: 3225884 – 25 June 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS High street discount retailer donates £35,868 for waste packaging offences MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government provides further halt to business evictions and more support for high street firms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of high street shops, department stores and shopping centres to reopen safely in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to publish code of practice with commercial sector in boost to high street MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: Burgess Business Park, Parkhouse Street, London SE5 7TJ (ref: 3225548 - 29 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM statement in Downing Street: 27 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New measures to protect UK high street from aggressive rent collection and closure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Downing Street: 10 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Downing Street: 9 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Called-in decision: land bounded by Wandsworth Road, Parry Street, Bondway and Vauxhall Bus Station (ref: 3229531 - 9 April 2020) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Downing Street: 8 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Downing Street: 7 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Downing Street: 6 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Downing Street: 5 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS High street benefits from £22 billion grants and business rates package MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Downing Street: 27 March 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making light work of street lamp repairs on Highways England network MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Treorchy crowned "UK's best" in the Great British High Street Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding for on-street chargepoints doubled to help charge up electric vehicle revolution MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM statement in Downing Street: 13 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM met President Trump at Downing Street: 3 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM hosts Chancellor Merkel, President Macron and President Erdogan in Downing Street: 3 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at Harrow School, 5 High Street, Harrow (ref: 3208434 - 31 October 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS High-flying young women and girls celebrated at Downing Street reception MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government doubles funding for on-street electric car charging MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Great British High Street Awards 2019 judges revealed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM's words from reception held at Downing Street to celebrate the winning England Cricket team MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM hosts automotive leaders at Downing Street MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Prime Minister's statement in Downing Street: 24 May 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Launch of Great British High Street Awards 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: High Street Perfect Day makes debut MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Downing Street transformed for Chinese New Year celebration MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Prime Minister hosts Burns Night Supper in Downing Street MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM's statement at Downing Street: 16 January 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: PM statement in Downing Street: 22 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HS2 kicks off hunt for Birmingham Curzon Street construction teams MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Crickhowell High Street crowned "UK's best" in Great British High Street Awards MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Pride of Britain winners honoured by Prime Minister at Downing Street MoD News 0