City & guilds 2391 - any Marine Engineers completed this?

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by Ironduke, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Soon to be ex-CMEM(L) wondering which courses to do, I'm not really sure which C&G to go for so if anyone has done the above and tell me I'll breeze it then great.

Cheers

2. Yes mate its a doddle,hardest part is learning civvy speak to electrics,for example earth is CPC or PCP cant remember now! But its still earth!

3. Re: City & guilds 2391 - any Marine Engineers completed this

Cheers mate

4. Re: City & guilds 2391 - any Marine Engineers completed this

No worries shippers - did mine earlier this year. A real doddle, as BARNEYRNSM says just need to get your head around civvy L speak. The "site guide" is useful as it gives some easy to understand pictures, especially regarding supply earthing methods.

5. Re: City & guilds 2391 - any Marine Engineers completed this

Thanks - I found the course descriptors off putting saying it was only for leccys with lots of civvy experience. Couldn't get a straight answer out of any course providers as the didn't really have a clue about my experience. The easiest way is to ask if anyone's done it! Ideally the course provider would advertise saying: 'this is the one for CMEM(L)'s - should piss it' lol

6. Would have to agree, its a piece of piss