cis ratings on hold

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by sid_the_squid, Apr 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got a letter in September from my afco telling me that my application in this branch has been put on hold. I've been waiting since September to do my pjft. I'm getting alittle concerned now as I dont know how much longer I will have to wait. Is anyone else in the same situation?
  2. phone them up on monday and ask them? :)

3. Already did last month but my ca told me he will get in touch when recruitment in this branch resumes
  4. i applied dec 09 for CIS and i got my date for Raleigh for June this year...

The waiting isnt so bad..... it has gone over quick!

Good Luck :)
  5. I just passed my RT on the 6th of this month, I have applied for CIS. Luckily for me I am a very patient person haha.

I wasnt sure what I wanted to do, it was either CIS, or Weapons technician. As i am already an electrician I thought that I would be suited to the engineering branch, but I really i love technology and comms. Therefore I eventually chose the CIS.
  6. well done and good luck!
  7. Well done, good luck with the rest of the process and enjoy your wait!:-D
  8. I passed my test on 17th november 2010 and signed up for CIS, 24 month waiting list i got, so bring on 2013 i guess.:)
  9. I passed my rt in April 2010. The first time I did it was in 2009 but I failed it so I had to wait 6 months to do it again. Have you done your medical yet?
  10. i havnt done my medical yet, only my first step by passing the test, i passed first time so only just started the waiting game. They said they will be in contact with me within 12 months to get the ball rolling, but last time i spoke to them that 12 months had risen to 18months, but i not bothered about waiting :)
  11. I was told 18-24 months when I done my rt.
    But it's always changing, the only way to know is to call your a.f.c.o.
  12. I was also told to expect a wait of around 18-24 months
  13. I passed my RT, medical and PJFT last November and I've been waiting about 8 months so far for CIS.

I spoke to the RN a couple weeks ago and they said that the waiting list for CIS has all of a sudden gone down (opposite to what I last heard) and hopefully I will get a date to go Raleigh at the start of next year.
  14. I spoke to my CA 2 weeks ago, he never mentioned anything of the sort, still says it was a 2 year waiting list although i hope your right lol :p