CIS Queries

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Tomoten, Mar 12, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey everyone,

I'm currently in the early stages of the application process to join the navy and have chosen the CIS role. I'm wondering if any practice material would be online so that I can get a grasp of the systems and technology I would be dealing with. Im hoping this will help me have a clearer idea when I attempt my training. I'm not someone who is inept at computers but questioning if their is any specific programs I can try to familiarise myself with before joining. I'm also trying to find out if it would be a good idea to research amateur radio and would this help me progress quicker and easier when I was doing my four months at collingwood.

Thanks a lot,
  2. There is no real need as training is just that - training. Once you start phase 2 at collingwood with all the other CIS bods you'll all be taught together.
    Message format, frequency ranges etc. Then once you get your draft you'll be trained on that particular ships comms fit.
    As for the IT side, you will be a WE so will probably be a bit more in depth than my phase 2 IT.
  3. Tom

Don't worry about pre joining training, the Navy will deliver all the necessary training.

When is your joining date?
  4. I'm still in the really early stages and in the process of awaiting my psychometric test haha. I was just enquiring out of fear of being a slow learner I think more than anything else but maybe I'm running before I can walk :)