CINCFLEET presents Fleet Diving Squadron with Naval Capability Trophy 2010

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Naval_Gazer, Jul 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CINCFLEET, Admiral Sir Trevor Soar KCB OBE, visited the Fleet Diving Squadron at Horsea Island, Portsmouth on Friday to present the Fleet Diving Squadron (FDS) with the Naval Capability Trophy 2010. The FDS was announced as the Trophy winner in December 2010.

“This has been the first opportunity this year to get the majority of team together for the presentation” said Cdr Mark Savage, Commanding Officer Fleet Diving Squadron. “Our busy operational programme and high op tempo are a consequence of the Fleet Diving Squadron’s current commitment to operations and the relevance of our capabilities to Defence."

CINCFLEET presenting trophy to Cdr Mark Savage, CO of the FDS

The Fleet Diving Squadron comprises seven Diving Units based in Portsmouth, Faslane and Devonport that are all held at high readiness in their respective roles. These roles include support to Special Forces, provision of IED Disposal operators to Op HERRICK, Very Shallow Water Mine Countermeasures support to amphibious operations, UK Military Aid to the Civil Authorities for EOD in UK, and underwater maintenance and repair of ships and submarines which is saving the MOD hundreds of thousands of pounds a year.

The citation, which was read as part of the award ceremony, included the extract “Busy, highly motivated, but rewarded with challenging work across the full spectrum of operational diving, underwater engineering and explosive ordnance disposal tasks, the Fleet Diving Squadron continues to go from strength to strength. Their positive approach to taskings and willingness to take on new and ever more diverse operations in support of both Naval and joint requirements both afloat and ashore, from the ice of Norway to the deserts of Afghanistan, while continuing to deliver against all their existing commitments, marks them out as worthy recipients of this year’s Naval Capability Trophy”.

The CO commented, “2010 was an outstanding year for Fleet Diving Squadron and 2011 is continuing in the same vein. I am delighted to receive this trophy on behalf of the Fleet Diving Squadron in recognition of our recent operational and capability development successes. The Diving Units are justifiably proud of their work and what they have achieved – I am immensely grateful for the hard work and commitment the Team have displayed.”
  2. Was just looking at this on our "other" site. Nice recognition.
  3. Nice recognition for doing your job.

4. Originally Posted by Fleet_Sprog
    Nice recognition for doing your job.
    Fleet Prick more like. There's doing your job, then there is going the extra mile. Something you're prob not aware of in whatever shit job it is you do to earn your coin.
  5. That's the type of response I would expect from an arrogant diver that has his head wedge so far up his own arse that he actually believes his own hype. ******* cock.

Incidentally if the RN didn't have "pricks" like me who maintain your kit, you wouldn't be able to do your job in the first place. So piss off until you can come back with a reasonable response that doesn't revert to name calling and insults.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  6. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  7. I take it your a stoker? In that case I never seen a stoker maintain LEBA or CDLSE or KMB come to that. So not really sure what your point is about maintaining my kit???? A stoker has never maintained my kit and nor would I let one. You may have maintained SABA/ DSSCCA in the days of ships divers but not any more.

Your point about recognition-if your branch did a good job and it got recognised in say the "Naval Engineer" magazine, would you not be proud of your efforts? According to your reasoning we should do away with commendations, MiD's etc etc.

Sadly all you have seen is young divers strutting their stuff round the dockyard. Come to a working team and see us do our work with say SB or 539 at night in shit conditions then you will see we have a reason to be slightly arrogant. Pathetic comments like your initial one will obviously raise a bite.
  8. And doesn't the 'AB' in plain clothes look contentedly prosperous (or even prosperously content?)

He really was an AB when we were sprogs on the Guz Team together :)
  9. that Andy B....if so he was the 2's 2nd dickie on my 1's course.....he takes up a few more pixels these days...Bless !!
  10. Give the man a coconut. :thumright:
  11. NG yes the AB does look content. Prob 'cos Divex have the CDLSE contract!