Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CinC to move into Chiefs and PO's Mess Accomodation

frogman007

War Hero
Mob losing perks? All about penny pinching? No fun anymore? Run like a business on an epic industrial scale?? Bollox won't have it......

bollotom

War Hero
This would seem more realistic should those making these decisions adhere to the same principal. 1 MP, maybe 2 per COUNTY meeting in A Wetherspoons with second class rail warrants to get from home to work (sic) and no gardeners, domestics or wives/partners employed as well, very well paid workers doing feck all. Or would that mean some of them would have to vacate the gravy train?

frogman007

War Hero
Having read more into it- good. Though me thinks that people (see I never pointed it directly at orifices( oh I did)) will still find away to get noses in the trough.

I'm gonna stick up for Ruperts now.... *deep breathe*...... The Guys at the top of the tree or sitting on special branches at some place on the tree actually work ******* hard, someone like me would look upon a train journey or drive up the road as an excuse to either hit the beer or get my head down, those poor sods look upon the same journey as an opportunity to catch up on the paperwork, in truth they can't do that crammed into cattle class on first great western or driving a car pool nissan micra.

A

angrydoc

Everyone agrees the need for saving money but WB is on the money - its difficult to read up before a meeting in town when your laptop is on your knee and there's a random person sitting on your left elbow.

I wonder when MPs will have to abide by the same rules and be flummoxed by JPA etc.?

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
It becomes slowly less and less worthwhile to slog one's way up to the top of the tree! I would imagine the CEO of any company comparable in size for net worth to any of our services would have a company car and driver for his daily commute so as to extend his day in conditions of confidentiality. Likewise he can take his 'official' guests where he will and charge it to expenses and I doubt his wife is obliged (or necessarily willing) to wash up for visiting firemen.

One of my gripes all those years ago was the way the Wardroom was always out of pocket for the compulsory 'official' entertaining everywhere we went, let alone all the odds and sods who washed up in the wardroom on the sponge.

trelawney126

War Hero
It becomes slowly less and less worthwhile to slog one's way up to the top of the tree! I would imagine the CEO of any company comparable in size for net worth to any of our services would have a company car and driver for his daily commute so as to extend his day in conditions of confidentiality. Likewise he can take his 'official' guests where he will and charge it to expenses and I doubt his wife is obliged (or necessarily willing) to wash up for visiting firemen.

One of my gripes all those years ago was the way the Wardroom was always out of pocket for the compulsory 'official' entertaining everywhere we went, let alone all the odds and sods who washed up in the wardroom on the sponge.
Totally agree but did you achieve enough "up homers" or leg overs to compensate?

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Surprisingly (and disappointingly) rarely. One had to find one's own fun, although I still cherish the memories of some of the temporary local acting friends I made. The 'return matches' were usually formal and in a naval sense, essentially business occasions. Typically out of the standard five-day visit one or two days would be duty, one would be official entertainment on board (best if that was a duty day), one would be three-line whip return match in uniform, leaves not a lot for private enterprise.

Then pipe Specials and off we go again.

Friendly welcome behind the Iron Curtain:

frogman007

War Hero
I'm gonna stick up for Ruperts now.... *deep breathe*...... The Guys at the top of the tree or sitting on special branches at some place on the tree actually work ******* hard, someone like me would look upon a train journey or drive up the road as an excuse to either hit the beer or get my head down, those poor sods look upon the same journey as an opportunity to catch up on the paperwork, in truth they can't do that crammed into cattle class on first great western or driving a car pool nissan micra.

I agree just couldn't miss an opportunity

frogman007

War Hero
Seaweed is that you mincing with your hands on your hips? All that is needed to complete it is a slight heel lift

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A 1SL 2SL CinC Fleet The Gash Barge 14
fishmiester CinC Fleet The Quarterdeck 10
U 1Sl 2Sl and CinC Fleet The Gash Barge 18
MoD_RSS More Afghan interpreters to move to the UK as scheme extends MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Liverpool City Region to move into 'very high' local COVID Alert Level following rise in coronavirus infections MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 100 places move a step closer to multi-million pound Towns Fund investment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government welcomes broadcasters' move to get the cameras rolling again MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Deal agreed to move 200 nuclear jobs into community MoD News 0
Stirlin House of Lords on the move. Current Affairs 34
MoD_RSS Counter-poaching troops help with historic Black Rhino move in Malawi MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Barrnon and Wood move to next stage of innovation competition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 18 new roads move a step closer to completion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tritium research centre plans move ahead with £5m contract MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CMA completes move to Canary Wharf MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Stronger protections for the environment move closer as landmark Bill takes shape MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Penny Mordaunt welcomes China move on international development MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: NHS can move towards more coordinated and continuous care MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK troops touch down in Norway following epic road move MoD News 76
MoD_RSS News story: Scientists move away from the keyboard to beat cyber attackers at their own game MoD News 0
NateDogg Able to transfer/ move to another common wealth force? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
MoD_RSS News story: Army medics move into refurbished homes at Keogh Barracks MoD News 0
dustyjack Around 120 RNAS Yeovilton jobs to move Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS News story: Soldiers move into new homes at MOD Stafford MoD News 1
MoD_RSS News story: UK to deliver secure communications with new satellite move MoD News 0
soleil Guardian: "Giant First World War Gun On The Move Across Southern England This Week" History 2
trelawney126 Spanish Kings in laws move to Gib Diamond Lil's 1
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary welcomes move to resume talks with Iran MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Key section of new Navy carrier is on the move Current Affairs 6
MoD_RSS MOD personnel move Afghan Police development forward Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 Carrier Bits on the move Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Junior Ratings move into their new home at RNAS Culdrose Current Affairs 12
soleil Herald (Scotland): "Regal Move On Schedule For Clyde’s Giant Warship" The Fleet 0
soleil Dunfermline Press: "Army Set To Move Into Rosyth" Bases / Shore Est 2
R Plans for a Seamanship school move HMS Collingwood! Current Affairs 2
soleil Pompey News: "Easy Does It – Workers Gently Move Sections Of New Carrier Together" The Fleet 0
moshe7158 OLD RN BOXERS DONT FADE AWAY THEY MOVE TO AUSTRALIA Sports and Adventure Training 1
Y move out after marriage breakdown. Nearest & Dearest 17
soleil Navy News: "Bulwark's On The Move Again" The Fleet 17
soleil Northern Constabulary Ask HMS Astute To 'Move Along Please' Submariners 1
soleil MoD News: "New Residents Move Into HMNB Clyde" Bases / Shore Est 1
S Audacious on the move in Barrow Submariners 20
Soothsayer move to new AFCO to speed up? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
W That didn't take long II - Move along the trough Current Affairs 13
F What happens if I move? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
soleil Scotsman: "School's RM VC Hero honoured at Memorial Move" The Corps 1
O Argentina in Falkland sailing permit move Current Affairs 79
trelawney126 What a Nasty Barsteward Move. Diamond Lil's 4
F Lucky b**gers....move to Oz anyone? International 23
Navy1 Time to move on Prime Minister? Current Affairs 0
S Frigates on the move Current Affairs 2