Chuffs and puffs or just bullshit?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Rumrat, Apr 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I left the Andrew in 1989, I was a three badge L/seaman.
    There were dozens of three badge AB's as well as L/Rates like myself.
    However on this site the proportion of Chuff's and Puffs to just plain injuns seems disproportionate. This leads me to think either this is the most anchor faced site in existence, or some of you out there are Bullshitters.
    Swing the lights and bring it on..............
  2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Not really sure what you're getting at here Rumrat. This is either a bite or I've missed something in your post. You're not seriously implying that people on here lie about their rank/rate? I've seen Walts exposed on here, but surely it would be too easy to be found out if you are serving that you are lying?
  3. I left the RN in 85 as a three badge PO Wafu. Must admit to seeing very few three badge Ods or LHs in the FAA.
  4. I concede that you serving members are not in a position (unless stupid) to add anchors, and not all on here are telling porkies, but there seems far to many postings from chuffs and puffs, compared to ORD's like myself, and don't forget when your EX its easy to stretch it.
    I made PO once but that did not last, and I knew many that did the same.
    But look at the amount of bods on here and look at the amount of senior rates to OD's ratio......................Then think! :lol: 8O
  5. Within these walls somewhere, is a Service Docs section, it should all be there, those not ashamed to post their Doc`s that is.
  6. tiddlyoggy

Hmm, maybe. Why bother though?

That was to Rr's last not Hig's, you got in quick there Hig.
  7. Do you mean your service certificate?
    I did not think you was allowed?
    I got nothing to hide like I said I was an L/h nothing spectacular, and I had to challenge the board to get there as my DO would not recommend me. :oops:
  8. Hig

It is pointless because as far as the serving members and working Un-civil Serpents are concerned the day you jack in you ID card you become brain dead, cannot remember any history, ever read or researched another word about matters nautical and you are just plain wrong. Even when we argue from each side of the fence we are both wrong so it pointless. S would it matter if I claimed to be a 2* Admiral they would still mutter about the old and not so bold.

Just as the General Staff in WW1 failed to study and remember the lessons learnt at the Battle of Gettysburg then so will our modern RN Staff fail to learn the history of the last 100 years on Naval warfare.

Nutty (Just about made Acting Local PO for 6 months)
  9. Hig Please do not take this personal, I am not such a twat as to think everyone on here who claims to be a chuff or puff is a liar, and you can usually tell after a few postings who's telling the porkies.
    I know nothing of the present Andrew, I look in awe at some of the abbreviations and wonder what the hell they mean. I feel stupid asking about some of them. But I listen to some of the crap on here and PPLLEEEAAASSEEE.
    I saw a posting the other day and the story that was being told in the first person singular that was a yarn when I was a baby sailor. We all know "Jack is not only capable of lying through his back teeth but does it with expertise.
    Forget three badges, there is still a disproportion of Chiefs and Indians.
  10. Oh and if you wanted to see my CS I might have a prob with that except getting a copy (Which is just a piece of paper with just the bare minimum on it as 20 years on a divorce etc etc.
    The only proof is my knowledge of the Andrew, mates who I am still in touch with and a couple of medals with my number and name.
    Anyhow having listened or read your posting over the last few weeks your excused duty your not on my list. In fact none of my suspects have as yet answered the thread.
    Stand easy.
  11. tiddlyoggy

I find that comment slightly offensive to be honest Nutty. I have a good idea who you are referring to and I'm fairly certain I'm not one of them, but don't tar us all with the same brush. Most of my closest oppos are now outside (all of the lads I'll be down the Barbican with tonight for example) and I've always had all the time in the world for vet's from any service or era. I know we all generalise from time to time, but I do think that's something of an insult.
  12. Tiddly you certainly aint a prime suspect, you is my crisis centre for when the Mod Navy overwhelms me with abbreviations and non computable info.
    So you too can stand easy. :lol:
  13. Are you implying that some people on this site are telling porkies :roll:

Well I am not one of them and you can believe me when I say I made it all the way to Admiral of the Fleet,but I got busted was a silly mistake, all I did was ask some scrap merchants from Argentina to the Falklands and remove a few of the old whaling ships and it just got out of hand :roll:
    I ended up as a two badge killick stoker when I left!
  14. Yes I remember you well, I was your flags, you never did get the round in and I'm still waiting for the kickback you promised me from the scrappies.
    I got busted to captain of the heads for that little episode :p
  15. Well how could you not know senor, I was the scrap man AMIGO.
  16. Can I standeasy?
    Blue badge for 20 years gold/red badges for 2 years!!
  17. tiddlyoggy

That may be so to you shipmate, but Nutty made the remark. As I see it, either: He means it, in which case he's out of order. Or he should have said, "There are SOME serving members".
  18. You can always stand easy Morsey. Here's Rumrat mentioning acronyms he no longer recognizes and I am reading this recalling that dear old UA referred (affectionally, I think) to me as a puff. Are these different puffs (Cream puffs perhaps) or are Slim and Rumrat making confessions they'll later regret :lol:
  19. Does it really matter. Any such individuals are kidding themselves a damn sight more than anyone else...almost as bad as being a "WANABE"

In the grand scheme of things it's not worth the bother...or bothering about...

Retired old fart ex Stoker PO....and who would want to be one of them.... :D