Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Father_Famine, Sep 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bah Humbug!!

I'm sat here on a friday afternoon, (no POETS Day make & mends in the NHS), sun streaming through the window, surrounded by catalogues from Catering suppliers trying to sort out a Christmas menu.

P1ssed off or what! Only 90 minutes to go
  2. Your lucky - I have NO windows in my office - just magnolia coloured paint on the walls. Like you I finish at 3. less than 30 mins to go......................
  3. I have an office overlooking the Docks at Canary Wharf...lovely , might go and have a Starbucks on the green in a minute!
  4. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Many years ago, at HMS Forward in the early 1990s, I was Killick of the Mess. The JR Mess at the time had a tradition of having Mess Dinners twice a year. One year we decided that we'd do something different and for the summer dinner, Christmas came early - turkey, pud with brandy sauce, crackers, decorations, tree, cards, the lot!

Our caterer really came up with the goods and supplied everything. We'd managed to keep the theme a secret from everyone so the reactions of people when they went into the mess to find Christmas were brilliant - a great night!

Lucky bugger - its not even time here for my mid-morning coffee and I've got another 7 hrs to go :(
  5. Rehabilitated Pinky

What are you doing up at this time of day, or is that your Rehab?
  6. Hang on a minute....thats rich coming from a branch in hybernation until "store ship!"
  7. I'll have you know I always do a full days work, it just doesn't take all day :oops:
  8. A days work for winter in the Arctic eh!
  9. The sun is streaming through the window as I sit typing this during my very, very late lunch break. Outside is the Treasury. Inside icicles are suspended from the ceiling (bliss) and I'll be leaving at 1600, having left at 2030 last night! :D