Christmas Weather

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Dec 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Crazy isn't it.

One minute it's overcast and 27 degrees the next the sun comes out and it's in the thirties.

What is one to wear? I've been in shorts now for 3 months, do I go for the casual shorts on Crimbo day or put the posh ones on.....

Is it better to have one window open at each end of the house to create a "draw through" effect or shall I just open all the windows to try and cool down?

Nightmare.....I hear it's a bit chilly in the UK.. :twisted: :p :bootyshake: :relax:

2. Blobbs I am jealous, we had to turn the aircon off here last night as the temp dropped to 19, I hate winter.

3. You pair of utter barstewards

i'll have you know that this weather thing we are experiencing in blighty is no laughing matter

i have had to send the boy out to dig for more coal

on the upside i hear that electricity is on its way which should reduce the number of candles being used

love and kisses from Yorkshire (circa 1890)

4. Nearly made me cry into my G&T.

5. Feck off,

its that cold here that i am currently trying to defrost the 'T' by sticking the bottle under the wife's armpits. she wasn't too keen on the whole idea, i don't mind telling ya

in the meantime i am drinking whisky to keep warm

chhers

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Some people pray for a white christmas. I'm praying for this you cunts.

[​IMG]

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Wits thats harsh, last time those dopey inhabitants of NZ's west island set fire to themselves it blocked the sun out. Now, must remember to pick up some more ice for the drinks later. :twisted:

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Its not going to stay as ice for long. Warm beer and stale sweat, you enjoy it. :wink:

9. Just got back from my local out in the bhundu. Snow's a piece of p**s if you drive carefully. As my girlfriend says, a few more inches and I'll be happy.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As always, my house is usually hotter than the top plates of a boiler room in the tropics & costs a fortune when the bills roll in.

This year in a bid to reduce the heating bills I've taken the batteries out of the remote after a stealth raid during my wife's momentary lapse in incessant channel swapping.

Works a treat.

In order to reduce the thermostat by a further couple of degrees I'm buying her a nice jumper for Chimbo.

11. The snow blocked me in for two weeks,it thawed and we all got down to the local again[even taxi's are not running] woke up this morning and I'm blocked in again!
    I'm starting to think about contacting Bear Grylls,he should be parked in a hotel somewhere on the Cheviots!

12. Well, if anyone in warmer climates wants a huge load of snow, they can have every bit of it from my area. Too icy to go running so its getting in the way of getting fit and I cant afford the fecking gym. Damn snow

13. People whinge about the snow but send cards with a pretty robin and .... drum roll.....da dum.....yep, snow! :roll:

14. Yes true but the stuff on the cards doesnt inconvenience anybody :p

15. Remember a tight ass Welshman went under the name of Rentatent the coats he wore always looked like tents.

Anyways he was telling us how he splashed out and had the window in the front room double glazed. Yep just the one window. And you know the wife still wants the heating on!!!!!

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I can feel empathy for the poor fella. :wink:

17. Last Friday, around lunchtime, outside temperature maxing at minus 4C, I was sitting in my nice warm house contemplating the eighteen inches or so of snow that had accumulated outside; doorbell rings; postman with a parcel. Exchanged pleasantries, signed for parcel, watched him walk away through aforementioned snow displaying a muscular pair of sunburned calves beneath his snazzy shorts. 8O

2BM

18. For the past three weeks the postie has refused to risk coming along my farm road --so I collect the mail etc at the Mail Depot.

And its snowed again all day today --------thank fcuk for Land Rovers .
    Main roads are as bad cos the snow showers just time it nicely let the snow ploughs go through then down comes another 3" [7cm]

G

19. What about the local council gym? Know what you mean about snow though.....spent 30 mins digging out the car.

Ninja - can I suggest you get yourself some protective headwear for Christmas Day ........FIL gave MIL a toilet brush one year and needed stitches afterwards!