Christmas Spirit

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by hobbit, Dec 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Take heart those who tend to over indulge during the festive season, it has just been released that when we wish each other ' good health ' as we prepare to sink a drink we are indeed doing so for health reasons. So eat drink and be merry with the confidence you are not consuming crap , cheers and good health.

Public Service Announcement

IMPORTANT INFO THAT HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED: To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine (or beer)... and those who don't. As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom..... in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop. However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop, Beer = Health Therefore, it's better to drink beer and talk stupid, than to drink water, and be full of shit. There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service

2. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllp

3. Fraid my screen isn't that wide!!! And scolling across makes my eyes go funny!!

4. Public Service Announcement

IMPORTANT INFO THAT HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED: To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine (or beer)... and those who don't. As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom..... in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day,
    at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) -bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop. However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop, Beer = Health Therefore, it's better to drink beer and talk
    stupid, than to drink water, and be full of shit. There is no need to thank me for this
    valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service

5. Sorry folks fitted this into the screen but it still comes out wide, now trying to find out why.

6. ....because of ******** Normas reply :threaten: