Christmas Presents??

Hi all, quick question. My wee sister has recently joined up and completed (excuse me if I use the wrong terminology) initial training and grading (she is to become a navigator), and with it getting close to Christmas and all that I have been thinking of what to get her. Can anyboby think of anything (useful or otherwise) that might be suitable for the four months (?) she is to spend at sea?

All suggestions welcome!!

The_0ne

Midshipman
I'm not currently in the navy but will hopefully join soon.

I'd imagine a good present would be a mp3 player, look for one that holds a memory stick of some sort.

Then fill a few memory sticks with the kind of music she likes and send a few spare sets of headphones cause they do break easily.

D

Deleted 7

Maybe a good digital camera or an MP3 player, it be nice for her when she's maybe studying maps..................sorry, meant charts at stupid o'clock in the morning. Or when she's reading at night, stick the MP3 on and bob's ya uncle!

Or a portable DVD player thingy

Might I suggest one of THESE... Every matelot has one...

Oh yes, and she'll might want one of these for when you visit (if you're a bloke)...
http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=2108.html

And she'll definately need one of these (find out what sort she needs)...
http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=2150.html

And I recommend you read this thread to get a feeling for the sorts of things she will, and definately WON'T need...
http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=2053.html

fishmiester

Banned
This sounds stupid but it is emormously practical.
Get her a carrier bag full of toothpaste, soap, shampoo, a few toothbrushes, deodourent, perfume. Basically stock her up with toiletries. Sounds pieso but she will appreciate it 3 months into her trip

Jimmy_Green

War Hero
LeBlerot said:
loads and loads of great sites on here, should help!

Dusty Tent

And it goes towards a great cause aswell.

Hope you get what your looking for!
Thanks for your help, but after two years from the original post I think panda_pops might have found something by now.

babystew

Lantern Swinger
get her something really handy ,like i got for my wife.
1/ a new ironing board cover.
2/ a packet of 13 amp fuses. (always handy ).
3/ and if you can afford it a good d.i.y. manual

babystew said:
get her something really handy ,like i got for my wife.
1/ a new ironing board cover.
2/ a packet of 13 amp fuses. (always handy ).
3/ and if you can afford it a good d.i.y. manual
Slippers.
Pack of Tea-Towels
New Oven Glove
;)

Rumrat

War Hero
witsend said:
My daughter asked for a rabbit. :?
So did you talk to her for a while?
Only kidding, get her an angora, their friggin great, floppy ears and all, I like holding them, my granddaughters got one. :thumbup:

Rumrat

War Hero
bigglesbandicoot said:
Rumrat said:
My missus asked for a wii for Christmas.
I hope she can hold it till then.
My Mrs asked for a wii fit, so I hid her pills.
That's the one I bought, got it from Amazon Consul fit board and wii fit along with the remote and the nunchuck. It's a great deal, £170.99p including delivery. It should be here tomorrow (fri) as I ordered it for launch day. Great deal I thought.
You should hide her Pils though mate, don't want to start drinking too much before Xmas. :wink:

Drakey

War Hero
panda_pops said:
Hi all, quick question. My wee sister has recently joined up and completed (excuse me if I use the wrong terminology) initial training and grading (she is to become a navigator), and with it getting close to Christmas and all that I have been thinking of what to get her. Can anyboby think of anything (useful or otherwise) that might be suitable for the four months (?) she is to spend at sea?

All suggestions welcome!!
SatNav

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A BFPO NUMBERS ETC FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ETC Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
Drakey Useful & Useless Christmas Presents The Quarterdeck 9
MoD_RSS Northern Ireland seafood firm gears up for Christmas 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recycle or replant your tree for a greener Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plastic found on Suffolk beach used to decorate Christmas tree MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick spends Christmas evening at Birmingham Christmas Shelter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS River Great Ouse gets Christmas present with fish restocking MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Read your child a book this Christmas, says Children’s Minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 200 people to spend Christmas off the streets and in their own homes thanks to innovative government programme Housing First MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northern Ireland cheese producer enjoys boost in Christmas sales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A greener Christmas is the best present for the environment. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Christmas message: 24 December 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board Christmas and New Year opening times 2019-2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Christmas boost for Midlands businesses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Border Force crackdown on Christmas counterfeits MoD News 2
MoD_RSS Christmas comes early for first £5k winner of new Treasury-backed savings account MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister visits British troops in Estonia for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World craves British food this Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Almost 1 in 3 are considering donating to a charity for Christmas instead of giving a gift MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Plating up for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA Christmas hours 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DBS Christmas and New Year Opening Times 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM: “Brexit vote wrapped up for Christmas" MoD News 0
soleil RN Website: "World's Oldest Christmas Pud On Display In Naval Museum" History 0
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh page - The Twelve Days Of Christmas Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS Meet the families keeping motorists moving at Christmas MoD News 0
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose "The Game On Every (Naval) Aviator’s Christmas List." The Fleet Air Arm 17
MoD_RSS More than 800 miles of roadworks completed or lifted in time for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New team of British medics to tackle measles outbreak in Samoa over Christmas as crisis continues to claim children’s lives MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully The UNIQUE RUM RATION ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DRAW 2019 Competitions 24
MoD_RSS DVSA opening hours: Christmas and New Year MoD News 0
BillyNoMates A Christmas card for? Diamond Lil's 20
MoD_RSS Authorisation application deadlines for Christmas period 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DVLA opening hours: Christmas and New Year 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Christmas and New Year closures for courts and tribunals 2019 MoD News 0
F Raleigh Christmas Leave 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D SMQ North Christmas leave 2019 Submariners 5
NotNickCarter Christmas is coming... Miscellaneous 1
W Christmas Leave Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS News story: Mission Christmas 2018 - Update MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary's Christmas message 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Christmas contact hours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Prime Minister's 2018 Christmas Message to the Armed Forces MoD News 0
vauxhall Christmas Message Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS News story: Eileen Milner, Christmas and New Year message MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Parole Board Christmas Opening Times 2018-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: A Christmas reminder of support available in child abduction cases MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: M6 speed increase in time for Christmas getaway MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prime Minister's 2018 Christmas message to the Falkland Islands MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: DASA Christmas hours MoD News 0