Christmas Presents??

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by panda_pops, Nov 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, quick question. My wee sister has recently joined up and completed (excuse me if I use the wrong terminology) initial training and grading (she is to become a navigator), and with it getting close to Christmas and all that I have been thinking of what to get her. Can anyboby think of anything (useful or otherwise) that might be suitable for the four months (?) she is to spend at sea?

All suggestions welcome!!

2. I'm not currently in the navy but will hopefully join soon.

I'd imagine a good present would be a mp3 player, look for one that holds a memory stick of some sort.

Then fill a few memory sticks with the kind of music she likes and send a few spare sets of headphones cause they do break easily.

3. Really I don`t think thats the sort of question to ask Sailors.

4. A battery operated toy!

5. Maybe a good digital camera or an MP3 player, it be nice for her when she's maybe studying maps..................sorry, meant charts at stupid o'clock in the morning. Or when she's reading at night, stick the MP3 on and bob's ya uncle!

Or a portable DVD player thingy

6. Might I suggest one of THESE... Every matelot has one...

Oh yes, and she'll might want one of these for when you visit (if you're a bloke)...
    http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=2108.html

And she'll definately need one of these (find out what sort she needs)...
    http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=2150.html

And I recommend you read this thread to get a feeling for the sorts of things she will, and definately WON'T need...
    http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=2053.html

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Ann Summers does a good selection of the above

8. This sounds stupid but it is emormously practical.
    Get her a carrier bag full of toothpaste, soap, shampoo, a few toothbrushes, deodourent, perfume. Basically stock her up with toiletries. Sounds pieso but she will appreciate it 3 months into her trip

9. :afro:

10. Thanks for your help, but after two years from the original post I think panda_pops might have found something by now.

11. get her something really handy ,like i got for my wife.
    1/ a new ironing board cover.
    2/ a packet of 13 amp fuses. (always handy ).
    3/ and if you can afford it a good d.i.y. manual

12. Slippers.
    Pack of Tea-Towels
    New Oven Glove
    ;)

13. My missus asked for a wii for Christmas.
    I hope she can hold it till then.

14. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

My daughter asked for a rabbit. :?

15. So did you talk to her for a while?
    Only kidding, get her an angora, their friggin great, floppy ears and all, I like holding them, my granddaughters got one. :thumbup:

16. My Mrs asked for a wii fit, so I hid her pills.

17. That's the one I bought, got it from Amazon Consul fit board and wii fit along with the remote and the nunchuck. It's a great deal, £170.99p including delivery. It should be here tomorrow (fri) as I ordered it for launch day. Great deal I thought.
    You should hide her Pils though mate, don't want to start drinking too much before Xmas. :wink:

18. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Was that instead of a turkey?

19. SatNav