Christmas & New Year greetings to all those who are alone

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by golden_rivet, Dec 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This Christmas I will be with my family and wishing I was alone, at New Year I will be alone and wishing I wasn't... am I the only contrary person? Probably not ...

So ... this is for all those who are or aren't alone, who are happy with their lot or who like me are perennially unhappy with their lot, the curmudgeonly, and all those who wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have them...

Congrats too to RR for being the success it is...

Hugs to all and wish you health and happiness in 2008

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

If you fancy new years eve in the sticks me and Mrs Blobbs will put you up mate. Have a good one.
  3. Happy Holiday GR ------- I'm maybe the same as you
    visit relations Christmas and then home alone!! New Year probably the same again.

I have learned to enjoy the independance .

:nemo: :nemo:
  4. Re: Christmas & New Year greetings to all those who are alon

Bless! Can the rest of your RR mates come along too? :razz:

Hope you've not got a padlock on your beer/food fridge! :biggrin:

Have a nice break GR, Blobbs, Mrs Blobbs, Greenie and all my other cybermessmates!
  5. Normally I spend Christmas & New Year alone (or I'm duty and that's usually voluntary), but this year I'll be down in Kernow (the land of the badspeakinginbreedingtinminingpointyheadedwebfootedpastyeatingjannerfuckwitmutants) for crimbo, then off to Guzz for New Year.

Anyway, happy holidays/Winterval to you all. :thumright:
  6. Re: Christmas & New Year greetings to all those who are alon

If you are alone over christmas why not volounteer to help dish out christmas meals for the homeless Salvation Army etc. You will meet people and also help those who have no home!
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Padlock on the fridge? P'ah, not out here... :wink:

We are having an all-ranks Brit Party Xmas Dinner at the Brit Rep's house tomorrow, followed by copious libations... suffice to say, although we will be away from our families, we will not be alone.

Cheers one and all! :relax:
  8. Re: Christmas & New Year greetings to all those who are alon

Christmas is a family affair for me and as always, Im really looking forward to it. I cannot stand new year though, so normally go training on the hills during the day and offer to drive any of my family/friends that are out on the piss at night, freezing their arrses off and struggling to get a taxi!! :thumright:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all on RR and thoughts with the lads and lasses serving on Ops during the festive season. I will raise a glass to you all at our Christmas dinner. Stay safe!!

9. you are very kind however I'm working until 5 New Year's Eve and then have to get on a train to Lancashire at about 11 am on New Year's Day - returning the following day - to go with my Mum to a GP appointment. Not much time for entertainment other than the joy of rubbing shoulders with Joe Public on a Virgin train - can't wait - - - [expletive deleted] :rendeer:
  10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Offers there sweetie. It is an open offer if you cant make it.
  11. Re: Christmas & New Year greetings to all those who are alon

Ditto Spenny

I will be legging it to the top of Djouce Mountain on the Wicklow Way.

And to all those out there wherever it maybe.

Sláinte mhaith! (good health)

A Gaelic Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face;
    the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
    may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

12. Anyone who can make it there is welcome? lol