Christmas funnies!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, Dec 2, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pop all these Christmas funnies in here for mutual delight and delictation! Let me start with this one, shamelesly stolen from ARRSE.

Christmas-Babybel.jpg
    Christmas - it's all about the Baby Cheeses...........

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

OK, ready for you to start......in your own time!

• Like Like x 2
  3. pregnant.jpg
    Xmas_home.gif

• Like Like x 2
  4. Comunion warning.jpg

Things to look out for in church, No. 1.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. fainting xmas tree.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. exJenny

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. exJenny

[​IMG]

10. Well, if we're going down that route, I rather like the sound of 'Krampus'. (From Wiki, my red)

Krampus is a beast-like creature from the folklore of Alpine countries thought to punish children during the Christmas season who had misbehaved, in contrast with Saint Nicholas, who rewards well-behaved ones with gifts. Krampus is said to capture particularly naughty children in his sack and carry them away to his lair. In Romanian and Croatian culture also in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the tale says that on the night of 5th/6th of December, all the children have to clean up their boots and put them on the window, together with their letter to St. Nicholas. In the morning they will receive a surprise. The good kids get a gift from St. Nicholas and bad kids get a gift from Krampus - a wooden stick.

Krampus is represented as a beast-like creature, generally demonic in appearance. The creature has roots in Germanic folklore; however, its influence has spread far beyond German borders. Traditionally young men dress up as the Krampus in Austria, Romania, southern Bavaria, South Tyrol, northern Friuli, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia and Croatia during the first week of December, particularly on the evening of 5 December (the eve of Saint Nicholas Day on many church calendars), and roam the streets frightening children with rusty chains and bells. Krampus is featured on holiday greeting cards called Krampuskarten. There are many names for Krampus, as well as many regional variations in portrayal and celebration.

11. Is that likely to keep him away . . . or bring him running?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. and a couple of songs for your delight and delectation!

Enjoy!

13. her gift.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'll have one of those please.

Do the handlebars come as standard as well?