Christmas cards

Discussion in 'Charity' started by sussex2, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I can get Christmas cards that benefit a Navy, or failing that any military charity.
    Many thanks in advance for your advice.
    ps I am aware of the RAFA

2. Why not buy some cheap Christmas cards then send the difference as a donation to your favourite RN charity?
  3. I've decided not to send any Crimbo cards this year, but to donate the money I would have spent on the cards and postage to charity instead.

Let's face it, if you're sending cards to someone you see on a regular basis, what''s the point? Simply give them their festive wishes verbally, and conversely, anyone you don't see regularly would probably be quite happy in the knowledge that instead of having a piece of cardboard to clutter up the house, they too are benefitting charity!

You've probably detected a bit of "bah humbug", but I get really hacked off with the commercial aspect of Crimbo, where we're pressured to spend money on a load of rubbish, sold under the guise of "festive spirit" , which ends up in the gash bin a few days later! :rendeer:
  4. If you buy them in a commercial shop then ask how much gets donated. I saw maybe last year how much these supposed charity cards actually contribute to charity, it was about a penny in the pound and a lot of shops had increased the sail (thought that more appropriate than sale) price so they didn't really give anything to charity.
  5. I always buy cheap cards :smile:
  6. Thanks for the advice folks..
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Sussex2: You an give me your credit card if you're feeling generous. And your PIN, while you're at it... :wink:
  8. This is the one I send to friends. I nicked it from Private Eye, photocopied it and added a splash of red.

9. Blobs, pm me your address (I've lost it) and I'll send you one.
  10. Yes of course, here you go.......
  11. I make all my own cards - birthday, anniversary, xmas etc. I sell them for Children in Need and donate a dozen each year to Marie Curie shops who ask card makers to do this so that they can be sold for a £1 in their shops.