Chris Evans to be new Top Gear host

Ballistic

War Hero
As long as he doesn't burst into flames or start lobbing that bloody shield around...

B5u7iWcCEAAk7UZ.jpg

JamieDonut87

Lantern Swinger
Yes, and no-one watched it when it was just a motoring show. That's why it became an entertainment programme with a few cars thrown in
That is a very good point. Apparently they'll stick to the format it was on, but until when ever it's on....who knows what it'll be like.

Last edited:

mikh

MIA
Yes, and no-one watched it when it was just a motoring show. That's why it became an entertainment programme with a few cars thrown in

Not quite true, it was fairly popular, couple of million watchers if I remember correctly, then Clarkson left it and viewing figures seriously dropped, then Wilman & Clarkson resurrected it in a new format, worldwide success, big earner for the BBC.

I am hoping that it can remain entertaining with Evans at the helm, but I think I will be watching the Clarkson, Hammond & May show (whatever they decide to call it) as a preference

taffscrivs

War Hero
Watching Peppa Pig with the grandaughter may be preferable to any new show Clarkson does. Peppa and Jeremy do have some similarites though, same looks but she's got more talent.

sandy_bottoms

Midshipman
If I want to know about cars I'll buy a ******* Haynes Manual, Top Gear was about taking the piss and driving cars fast. It was very popular, can't really see Evans being as successful at it.

It morphed from being a programme about cars into two 5* tossers playing out their fantasies, if it entertained a certain type of person then so be it. Even if a hamadryas baboon hosted the new programme it would be better than that Yorkshire gobshite and his hobbit.

It morphed from being a programme about cars into two 5* tossers playing out their fantasies, if it entertained a certain type of person then so be it. Even if a hamadryas baboon hosted the new programme it would be better than that Yorkshire gobshite and his hobbit.

So, you didn't get the job?