Chris Evans to be new Top Gear host

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stirlin, Jun 17, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33158464

I like Clarkson & May but cannot stand the smug dwarf Hammond , May and Hammond will not be involved in the new series. Evans ? , give him time , it could be a good move.

2. Could not abide the program as was..even less inducement to watch the new show now I reckon. Each to there own.

3. I'll give it a go, see how it pans out. it depends who the other presenters will be and how they interact.

The best bit (IMHO) was the challenges they used to get, cross a desert in a car worth £500 type of thing, as they played off each other well. If the new team can do similar it may turn out OK.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shame that James May has to go, but I'm glad that cocky little sod Hammond has gone. Not sure about Evans, could be good, might be shite, we'll have to wait and see.

5. From what Chris was saying on the radio this morning, May might not be leaving

6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  7. The way Chris Evans was speaking on R2 this morning the program when it returns next year will pay homage to the old format but will be different. Given that he has a radio show to do most weekdays it doesn't leave much room for overseas jaunts but time will tell.

8. He also wants a member of the public to join the team

9. How's about Brand or Ross and for a female Ms Diamond.That should sort the viewing numbers out.

10. Agree with Brand , Evans can run the twat over on the first prog and do us all a favour.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Lol......do the world a favour! I'll give watching it a go, I quite like Chris Evans. "All good things must come to an end" is what the saying is isn't it, it's time for the programme to move on!

12. My nomination for a female presenter would be Mrs Brown, that would make the show feckin interesting!

13. God, I hope not! ;-)

14. I dont think it drives
    [​IMG]

15. -
    Another Brand , run that fat , ugly twat down aswell.

16. George Michael? He's a good driver.

17. Already on the shortlist for the Celebrity Demolition Derby

• Like Like x 1
  18. Might not be too bad after all.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1