Chrimbo pud!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by MG Maniac, Dec 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Local radio has been running a Christmas contest ... answer a question by txt ... get your name pulled out and pick a number ... everyones a winner! What you win is 2 individual chrimbo puds hand made by a Michelin Starred Chef worth £40??? 'Er indoors has been nagging me to enter (mainly as she wanted one of the star prizes .. some ultra modern cooker to replace our aging Belling). Well today was my lucky day (but not hers)! I won a couple of these wonderful puds. Given that they are £20 each .... the damn things are no bigger than a wardroom teacup! Must be the most expensive Chrimbo puds this side of the Black Stump and must have spent nigh on that in txt charges trying to win them ...Bah Humbug!

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So you've won something for nothing and you're still not happy? If you don't want them, why not donate them to your local Food Bank, which will offer them to somebody that clearly would be more grateful than you.

3. Nouvelle cuisine...........bit like the emporer's new clothes.........only visible to the gullible.

4. To be fair it probably wasn't free, each text probably cost a tidy fee. Also christmas puddings are minging, set fire to them immediately!

5. Heresy - burn the witch! BURN, BURN!!

6. I see what you did there ;)

7. Not Nouvelle cuisine. That died even before the 80's had finished, People only assosiate it with not having much to eat, but it was about flavour, texture and new cooking methods, more than filling you up.

This is more about a named product, like buying a Gucci jumper for instance, But not eating it, obviously! :)