Choosing a role help (Surface Fleet)

Hi,

I've been thinking about joining the Navy for quite a long time but I'm stuck between CT and CIS, what do you guys think would be the best role for someone that is very interested in maintaining computer hardware and being a general IT Guy? I've done lots of research but I'm not sure which of the roles is more based around that and if there are any other roles that would suit me better based on my interests.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I'm hoping for questions based off personal experience as I have done very extensive research on both roles but can't make the decision but feel free to reply anyway as I may have missed some things

Last edited:

Ck123

Midshipman
I’d probably say CT but that was just my rough research on those two roles. I never explored or done much depth but on the outskirts seems like CT would be a better fit.

Best asking your AFCO

I’d probably say CT but that was just my rough research on those two roles. I never explored or done much depth but on the outskirts seems like CT would be a better fit.

Best asking your AFCO
Thanks for the reply, I went in the Careers office a few months ago to discuss this and I believe they pointed me to CIS or CT but I can't remember which one. CT does seem like the one to go but the majority of the official Royal Navy information say that it's main role is relaying information.

WreckerL

War Hero
CT's are the secret squirrels so you won't find much on their roles, two types of CT (basically), Linguists and Analysts.

Sumo

War Hero
Note as a CT you can see service on submarines and surface vessels, you will not be a submariner just a passenger.