Choice of boats

Bosco

Midshipman
Been given my start date for Raleigh and if all goes well and i was to pass and begin phase 2 training do i get to select which boats i wish to serve on?

I'm joining as an ETWE (submariner) on would like to opt for vanguard class but don't know if this is a choice or you just go where the navy wants you?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
You can request a preference, but the needs of the Service will always come first.

Sumo

War Hero
I asked for a T Boat running out of Guzz, I got an S Boat running out of Faslav, service needs and all that?

WreckerL

War Hero
I asked for a T Boat running out of Guzz, I got an S Boat running out of Faslav, service needs and all that?
When the one skimmer I had was decommissioned I asked for any frigate deploying to the Far East...I got Dolphin and boats:rolleyes:

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I've never been a bomber queen crew member. But, some DO like them because of the submarine pay and the ability to (generally) make (very) long term plans.

Horses for courses.

You might get a DASO.

couper172

Midshipman
Been trying to find out more about pros and cons of both A boats and V boats. Tried to find a thread on here as don’t want to start another one. Could someone fill me in with some pros and cons (joining as MESM) thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Joining a bomber as a Part III nozzer, you may find the initial sleeping arrangements a bit of a stresser.

uss-portsmouth-81259_1280.jpg

(Just hang a "Do not fire" tag on the outside before shutting the door)