Chit....arghhhh...any help appreciated

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by redfozzy, Jan 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .......
  2. You've been in four years and you don't know how to put your chit in. Just walk out the gate as you are definately a lost cause. Have you asked the messdeck lawyer?
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Speak to your DO/OC, "Kirsty"... :roll:
  4. I believe the mob use a system called JPA for this, you might have heard of it!!

Failing that the navy are trialling a new system to be called the Divisional System whereby you have an Officer or Senior Rate nominated to look after your (quote) "Morale, Discipline and Welfare"(unquote). It's been trialled for the last 300 years, conclusions will be published later. Perhaps you should ask him/her.

Sorry if this sounds sarcastic, it's meant to be. 4 years in and you need to ask this on an informal website. FFS 8O :roll:
  5. thanks for pointing that out pepperband...yes was posted on behalf of my hubby so thanks for critising....

clearly a lost cause... :roll:

ah wrecker....your sarcasim still reigns...remember im female and clearly not superior to your inferior wisdom...

it was asked because a few of you have bene knowen to dish out good advice in the past, not to atleast attempt to be nice. let me try that in another language...?
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Assuming the individual is in the Royal Marines employed as a Commando, only they can submit notice.

Those that submit notice to quit because of 'family circumstances' need to be very, very careful as I've lost count of those that leave, things don't work out & then find themselves unable to re-join in the short term.

The minimum period a RM Commando must serve is 30 months return of service after passing out before they can submit 12 months notice.

If he passed out at Week 32 as an 'original', the total period before he can physically leave is 50 months after joining.
  7. Its not just family circumstances, there are other reasons also. Thank you for proper advice!

It was easier to post here than even attempt to get on jpa here.

Thanks ninja.
  8. Nicely put, I like it :thumbleft:
  9. I'd like to hear the blokes side of it rather than the short fuse (Red fozzy. Big clue to gwarness.) wifey.
    Hmm, Hubby didn't get the draft you wanted or a similar scenario so he suddenly doesn't want to soldier anymore. :roll:
    Ensure that your other half is serious about jacking otherwise it could cause probs in your relationship later, if he feels he was forced to leave to suit anothers wishes. :cry:
  10. I see that you say "myself, my wife and our son aren't getting anywhere being constantly messed around" and "It's not just family circumstances, there are other reasons also".

I honestly would ask you whether you have fully drawn on all the sources of advice and support which are available to you? You may be experiencing problems which other families have gone through and got through and there could be ways of resolving whatever is troubling you which you haven't thought of.

You know very well that there are people on Rum Ration who would give you all the numbers etc you could possibly need, if you asked.

I have to say that life outside could make things even harder for you, if what you are considering is going to add unemployment and possible hardship to the mix, to be really honest.
  11. NZ bootneck .... indeed..... my father and grandfather were also bootnecks...i think i know the drills when it comes to marrying one....but thanks for clarifying that and having to get a word in. Not all bootnecks have screwed up marriages and relationships.

Soleil, yes because the other reasons maybe arent to be dwelled upon by the public eye? The post i posted was for general advice, not for slack 'whitty' coments. if anything im the one telling him not to leave, he however has qualifications and a good job to go to if he decideds to leave.
  12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Go see your Sgt Maj, ask to put your chit in.

I did, longtime ago now so dont know how you stand with terms of enlistment etc....may be better to sign on for longer but gives you the chance to whack your chit in I say, I dont know what's current but I doubt it's changed much from having a word with your CSM or equivilant.

Dont think the grass is greener on the outside though, you (as a family) have job security, somewhere to live and the knowledge that there'll be money deposited in the bank at the end of the month, after 4 years I take it your man is still GD? Why not go for a SQ that'll mean a trade in civvy street, a time of stability whilst doing the course and not so many deployments?
  13. Its changed aloth since my dad left, he was a vm, i think he was in about 20 years. Anyway he is on civie street now, he does have a good job with the trade he left with...but theres just no sqs that would make ends meet where we come from *edit* and will be going back to IF he does come out.
    Im just being typical female and wanting asmany pros and cons....he has his mind set on leaving....but i know i can change that if i have reason to.
  14. I think that you have misunderstood my intentions, RF. I wasn't suggesting for a moment that you should offer up your reasons "to be dwelled upon by the public eye". I was saying that, where you are based, there are confidential sources of help available to you. Speaking in confidence to the right people could help you look at this situation from various perspectives and possibly see other ways of resolving the problems. You would also be offered links to other sources of support.

Don't dismiss the value of looking outside your relationship for input on how to move forward. Sometimes, within relationships, it's difficult to see things objectively, because so much emotion and personal self-interest gets thrown into the mix and it really helps to have a space where you can detach yourself from that and, with assistance, take a step back and look at the situation more rationally.
  15. Sorry i did misunderstand you, i apologise.

This is what he is also doing, he is also looking outside of the family aspects to where he would like to be and dividing all the different reasons, possiilities and aspects up.
  16. To pick up on what WreckerL said:

JPA is the computer-based administration system used by both armed services, and the RAF. All service personnel should be familiar with this system. If somebody wishes to submit their notice, all they have to do is log on to JPA, and follow the links. It takes about a couple of dozen clicks of the mouse to achieve this.
  17. I remember you, vaguely.

I seem to recall a thread where you alluded to the fact that your husband doesn't know how to / can't access JPA before.

I can't be arsed to find it, but you also came across as an overbearing, psycho control freak on that thread too.

Just so you know, he'll hate and resent you for life when you make him leave.
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just because she blew you out, MLP, there's no need to get nasty... :oops: :wink:
  19. You mean this one here
  20. Ah yes.
    Kirsty Louise

The woman who is consistently sorting out problems for her downtrodden man. A difficult task when he is always away / welfare aren't being herlpful etc.

I especially like the dunker thread.