Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 36

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by soleil, Jan 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

Well done.
    But there is no doubt about it, those hats are kin awful! :lol: :oops:
    Roofs

2. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

:roll: Well done POPS, Oh! so Steely Eyed for a Nozzer :lol: :lol:

3. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

BZ that man, especially when quite few at RR had already clocked up twenty years in at that age :cry:

4. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

Businessman, Wonder how long it is before hemakes a hostile takeover for the Coffee Boat :p

5. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

CLASS :wink:

6. also will hopefully put a end to the threads do you think i am to old to join the navy.

7. NEGATIVE :wink:

8. Well done to him, but I do wonder how he will take to perhaps having a Leading Hand, almost half his age and much less wordly wise, telling him what to do.
    Good luck to him.
    ps That hat is bloody 'orrid and the best reason I have seen yet for getting rid of square rig. Plus, what is he doing wearing what used to be No8s at passing out!! Yes, and I know you have to forgive the press some things, well quite a lot really.

9. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

I made a point of choosing this one from the day's press and giving it the subject title I have precisely because I wanted an article featuring a candidate in his/her thirties for the Newbies column. There will continue to be questions along the lines of "Can I really join in my thirties?" and "I'll never get through Basic in my thirties, will I? from new Rum Rationers and hopefully this article can be pointed out when such questions come in.

10. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

Well if he can do it so can I!!!

*goes for a two hour session at the gym*

11. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

:( Good for him and I wish him all the best. But :!: As in my previous posts for fcuks sake don't start me off on todays rig and ;- THOSE FCUKING "KISS ME QUICK" FAIR GROUND HATS :!: :!: :!: :evil:

12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fair play to the fella. I wish him well.

13. With him being a manager, he should really have gone in as an officer. Of course, he's too old for that. But why do the armed forces put low age limits for officer? The RN is 29 or 30 but you can still join as a rating up to 36. So why not set officer entry to 36 as well?

I wanted to go in as an officer, but my CA said "you're too old!" (I'm 30).

14. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

War is a young man's game. Wouldn't be surprised if the max rating age was reduced from 36 owing to increased numbers of applicants.

15. FFS just because you a a manager in civie street does not give you the qualifications to be an Occifer. :twisted:

Too many lowly positions in civie street carry the title of manager, this title normally means feck all, and makes the holder feel more important than they really are.

16. ........beat me to it Slim.

17. Could'nt resist but to reply here.

36! F*** me. He looks more like 46! I'm 35 next month and he makes me look 21.

18. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

I know I've been here before but....

2 years ago I went to Raleigh age 45 and it really wasn't such a big deal. 8O
    Fair call, I didn't do the full 8 or so weeks (RNR 2 week-er) but that wouldn't have made any difference (having done the 6 week-er 30 years earlier).
    Yes there were LH's and even PO's half my age spouting the smelly stuff, but the acquired ability to keep-it-shut enabled me to smile my way through it without any hassle. And would have continued so for the full 8 had my employer allowed it.

As for the 'manager-to-officer' point, the two are very different roles and speaking as a civvie manager myself (and a good one at that 8) ) could never see me as an occifer.

19. Re: Chippenham businessman passes out of Raleigh at age of 3

For big Jesse & RoofRack:

You'll both remember these hats, then??

[​IMG]