chip van at VL

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by chockhead819, Sep 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does Max still have a chip van on the camp?

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Re: chip van at YL

I'm pretty Sure that Max got the boot years ago, Health & Hygiene plus the move of the main gate saw to the burger demise.

3. Re: chip van at YL

Spookily enough, all on base non-naafi related food outlets seem to have disappeared over the past couple of years. Any relationship betwen these events and the onset of PAYD is entirely coincidental I'm sure.

4. Re: chip van at YL

Cheif Tiff. Are you mixing Max up with "Piss Fingers"? He used to park in Pyle Lane, which was a public highway to the Westlands Hangar, now 848. Max used to be behind Lloyds Bank opposite the Heron Club. Now all long gone. Mind you, thinking of it, Max wasn't particularly hygenic either...........

5. Re: chip van at YL

Everone got the boot when Sodexho took over a couple of years ago. -Including Miggins! One, two, everybody: Boooooooooo!!!!!!!! Hiiissssss!!!

6. Re: chip van at YL

MIGGINS WAS TOPS, IT WAS A SHAME THAT SHE HAD TO GO. boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7. chieftiff

The memory of at least one bout of food poisoning would make me think you're right mate. I do remember how he would nip out behind his van in the middle of cutting your burger bun, shake himself off then continue as if nothing happened, it didn't seem to matter when you'd had a skinfull :pukel:

8. Re: chip van at YL

forgot about pissy fingers, was funny seeing him go for a piss turn the water tank on & pretend to wash his hands in boiling water :)

9. Re: chip van at YL

I seem to remember Max being beside the car club

And 'pissy fingers' being in a converted old 'Commer Van'

Tell that to the young lads today and they just wont believe you!!!

10. Re: chip van at YL

so what do the lads do now, bring a takeaway with them after a run ashore or do they not do that either reading some posts - lol

Another favourite was the chinky van that was outside the club at Portland.

11. Re: chip van at YL

If we are talking Portland..................

Then a 'Tommy's Whopper or schwartzenigger-burger' was hard to beat!

12. chieftiff

But we're not, in fact nobody really does anymore :thumright:

13. Re: chip van at YL

the galley provides snacks under the pay as you dine out of normal mealtimes, and there is snack place in the junior rates bar/automat.

14. Re: chip van at YL

where is YL?????

15. chieftiff

Yugoslavia? :dwarf:

16. :laughing3:

17. chieftiff

I couldn't find a smiley with a bloke pishing on his fingers and then serving burgers (surprisingly) so this will have to do: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. aw i'm getting rather peckish now

19. Re: chip van at YL

Because there are fewer and fewer of us who remember the best kept secret in the FAA! Unless you have always been a Fixed Wing faggot?

20. chieftiff

Always......... apart from that short stint on MkV Seakings, oh and then there were the MkVI's...... but other than that I was born fixed wing :thumright: