Chinese naval buildup

Quote "Over the last five to six years, the PLAN has built and launched over 80 new major surface combatants for its fleet. In that same time period, they have not decommissioned any major surface combatants" ....

Our kit might be better, our people vastly superior, but there is no denying the numbers. The scale of building is almost as if they were at war or something.

SF

:toilet: Anyone who thinks the Chinese are going to become the most powerful economic Country in the East without having powerful armed forces to back this up is crazy. This has been coming for a very long time indeed, the Chinese will be flexing their muscles before not too long and of course Taiwan, will probably be a test case, at some stage they will possibly have to take on the yanks and the West to become all powerful in the East, not necessarily war but some pushing and shoving going on and I say, good luck to them.

I love the Chinese people and at last they are building the ability to properly defend themselves, who remembers the rape of Nanking and what the Japs did in WWII and all the other invading Nations over the years. Who also remembers the big Soviet push into the Med' and other parts of the World with their newly built Navy in the 1960's post Cuba ? They certainly put their mark on things and caused quite a stir me thinks.

Its not the best of regimes I admit and their history on human rights etc has been apalling but who would like to throw the first stone ?

The balance of power in the East is rapidly changing in their favour. :tp:

chinamatelot said:
Not just Taiwan but the Spratleys will be on their radar screen. Oil again.
Oh yes, they need it big time!! Maybe Vietnam will be under their screens also. That stretch of sea is heavily disputed and Vietnam / Cambodia haven't really begun to tap into their offshore resources.

andym said:
Theyre going to have trouble getting this into the front line though!

I can't see a shipyard anywhere in that picture so they must have got in the puddle somehow. If they can get it in they can get it out again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
whitemouse Blue Jokes 0
B Miscellaneous 1
Seaweed Current Affairs 28