Chinese adverts - anyone?

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Ninja_Stoker, Sep 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not sure if it's just me and my dodgy browsing habits, but even when using different PCs/web browsers and IP's I seem to be intermittently, but frequently getting a block of Chinese text in the homepage advert space directly beneath the picture of HMS Hurworth (old ships!) getting blown-up.

I am wondering if it's just me or is it more widespread - if so, I think we may have found-out which part of the site may have been hacked.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just to add, if it is more widespread - don't click on the ad as it could be a blackhole exploit which spirits away your browsing data and passwords, but only if you do not have internet security software.

3. 忍者,这是我对我来说太。

希望这会有所帮助

4. Good CO's post about the site being hacked, has got you thinking I see.I know what you mean though.Thats why I dont click on anything ads or otherwise. On a lighter note.. watercloset.jpg

5. I get the Chinese script as well but have never clicked on it.

Coincidentally I got a nice letter from a man in Hong Kong yesterday saying a relative of mine (I was the only person he could find with same surname so FB doesn't work over there) who had invested 17.5 million US Dollars in his bank had subsequently died intestate in a car crash in China. If I e-mail him we could go halvers on the money.

Unfortunately I've lost the e-mail address as I tripped over and the letter fell in the shredder.

Oh well, back to work on Monday I suppose :(

6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I mentioned this on ARRSE a while back - closer inspection shows that some of the chars are not Chinese - it seems to be a random block that turns up in place of an advert. One such turned itself into an advert before my eyes.

Or maybe it says Suzie Wong is just three miles from you.