China's Zoos: 'Asylums For Animals'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by brazenhussy, May 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not exactly what I would chose as a family day out having watched the video------ and yes i know it happens in the wild and its perfectly natural for tigers to catch, kill and eat their prey - but I object to paying to see it in a zoo!!

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1266775,00.html

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, I see an idea for the new Big Brother series... :twisted:

3. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-- top idea!!

4. I feel so sorry for any animal that is captured and put into a zoo.

Personally i think that the only criteria of a zoo being open and full of animals is when they are either injured (to help them get better and then release them back into the wild)

or when there parents have abandoned them.

Not breed them just for the sake of it so that they can get prodded and poked by the public, never being set free into the wild, getting to learn what independance is all about!

Especially how some of these inhumane countries treat animals its shocking, but hey, what average person would want to go to a day go country full of weirdos? I wouldnt, certainly after reading the book welcome to the Bangkok hilton, welcome to hell!

5. I first heard of this when watching tv in Ireland. Comic trial ensures many innocents go into the van.

China's critics contend that the transition from firing squads to injections in death vans facilitates an illegal trade in prisoners' organs.

Injections leave the whole body intact and require participation of doctors. Organs can "be extracted in a speedier and more effective way than if the prisoner is shot," says Mark Allison, East Asia researcher at Amnesty International in Hong Kong. "We have gathered strong evidence suggesting the involvement of (Chinese) police, courts and hospitals in the organ trade."

6. China uses the three strikes and you are out system, though for serious crimes execution can be used without this total being reached. Due to the lifestyle of the Chinese people there is very little in the way of privacy for them. Those who commit serious crime are very quickly informed on by their neighbours.
    Now Ian Huntly, Ian Brady and many more, into the van or looked after for life?

8. I suppose an animal in a zoo in China has less chance of being eaten by the Chinese.