China defends ambition to build aircraft carriers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by 5dits, Nov 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Linky

Apparently scran will be excellent on board.
  2. "The question is not whether you have an aircraft carrier, but what you do with your aircraft carrier," he said.

Shorely having one is the deterrent, not using one. If it has to be used, it isn't a deterrent.

"You gotta watch them little slanty eyed b#ggers", as my Grandfather used to say.

And it's a pic of CVF, not a Chinese or US vessel. Typical bloody media rant rant chunter chunter :bootyshake: :threaten: :threaten:
  3. Of course China need aircraft carriers! The US Navy needs somewhere to park its aircraft and water its pilots whilst defending Taiwan. ;)
  4. I see the Army runs their show as well! Having said that, he makes a fair point. Not that it will make our Govenment extend its situational awareness beyond the Muslim axis.
  5. Well I found the girls the be extremely friendly in the early 60's.

Fly me to Nee Soon and let me play amongst the bars =)
  6. It was only a matter of time. The Chinese have been expanding their Navy at a considerable rate for years. What they may lack in experience and fighting ability they will more than compensate for through sheer numbers.

No doubt we will continue downsizing regardless.

7. And the laundry !!!
  8. Thats the C PLAN........Peoples Liberation Army Navy
  9. As the PLAN allegedly reverse engineered the former HMAS Melbourne they will no doubt have a carrier that drops cockroaches into your scran whenever an aircraft takes of or lands. =)
  10. Jack77. Well, anything to boost recruitment and increase morale. I do know that the Chinese love a varied diet.
  11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Taiwan, Taiwan, Taiwan .. look a bit further south at the oil and gas resources around the Paracels in the South China Sea and also look at the disputed ownership of some of the rocks there.
  12. Plus the ongoing Chinese presence in many Mineral rich African States.
    An Aircraft carrier gives you a nice edge that far away from your home turf.