China Daily: "British Navy Ship Docks In Shanghai"

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Dec 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HMSDaringShanghai.jpg

"Chinese navy officers stand as the British Royal Navy destroyer HMS Daring arrives to the north side of the bund at Huangpu River in Shanghai, December 10, 2013. The HMS Daring has returned from the Philippines after delivering aid after Typhoon Haiyan hit the region."

British Navy ship docks in Shanghai[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn

2. Will be copied and mass produced by now.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

3. I would say its the other way round: planting devices to spy on the Chinese.

In any case, Daring probably been "copied" given her stop overs at many Asian ports and more to come

4. I hope thet spelt "Daring" correctly. When the Coventry visited in 1980 a banner read something like, "Welcome HMS Conventry", but I can assure you there were no nuns onboard, well, only those who didn't get none!

5. Is that the new focsle fire fighting station stuck on top of the bang stick?

6. It's a recent A&A to demonstrate soft riot control. Hearts and minds; hearts and minds.

7. Wot ! ...the bang stick ? :violent1:

8. 1980138834.jpg

Pompey News:

"Daring Makes Her Mark On China In First Type 45 Visit"

Sailors on board HMS Daring have become the first to sail one of the Royal Navy’s Type 45 destroyers to China.

The warship has become the first of its class to visit the country, as the Portsmouth-based ship resumes her planned deployment after diverting to the Philippines to provide typhoon disaster relief."

Daring makes her mark on China in first Type 45 visit - Portsmouth News