Child Soldiers ????????????????

boredwafu

Lantern Swinger
I have to say, he is just a cnut. I know a place that could use some collateral damage, did I say he was a cnut?

onions

GCM
I see on Sky news this morning that MOD have had to bring back under age personel from sandy places. Just who is running the asylum?

Keep Striving

onions said:
I see on Sky news this morning that MOD have had to bring back under age personel from sandy places. Just who is running the asylum?

Keep Striving
Talking about "children" in Iraq, what a feed, loads of us joined at 16 with every intention of doing the same as everyone else, some liberal beaaach said on sky ""There is no way people so young are mentally or emotionally prepared to face bloodshed on the scale seen in Iraq." So what difference does a year and a birthday make? Toss!

safewalrus

War Hero
Don't you get the feeling the brown stuff is about to hit the fan over this? So what if all us ex 'child soldiers' decide to sue for physcological strain or something ' cos we were sent into combat against .....whatever. Hell over the years there have been thousands! One even got a VC - what next? still they've pardoned all those who were shot for cowardice (never mind the reasons - shell shock etc. they were found guilty at the time, does this mean we all need special care - hows about the goverment paying me bar bill for the rest of my life 'cos I need that fix.......)

It's a thought!

I think the 'War zone ' ban for service members is because their signing on contract says[or it did in mine!!] that I would serve 9 years active service from the age of 18-------------------- emphasis on the Active :shock:

Thats why all of us baby sailors did extra time if we joined before the age of 18 to complete the signed for engagement!!

So 'Baby-under 18 yrs members of the forces are normally only employed in home or non warlike billets!!Or should be!!

Greenie said:
I think the 'War zone ' ban for service members is because their signing on contract says[or it did in mine!!] that I would serve 9 years active service from the age of 18-------------------- emphasis on the Active :shock:

Thats why all of us baby sailors did extra time if we joined before the age of 18 to complete the signed for engagement!!

So 'Baby-under 18 yrs members of the forces are normally only employed in home or non warlike billets!!Or should be!!
Mine said nothing about active service, it stated that my time to count towards my 9 years service started on my 18th birthday. That was then altered to 17.5 years old in about 64/65. No mention of active service. "All service was active in them days"

Can I get compo for the active service in Borneo, up the jungle with rifle, 50 rounds of live ammo, dressed in olive green lugging a Lee Enfield .303 rifle age 16 years 9 months. Not with standing all the anti terrorist/pirtae patrols in North Borneo sneaking around in a 3 in 1 up little creeks.

Nutty

Latest Threads