Child Soldiers ????????????????

stumpy said:
The Navy PR people should invite him onboard HMS Exeter and show him round. Seriously it might do a lot of good.
What near all that water and Non Nuclear fallout from the Cruise Missiles and he would be chased around the Foc'sle by hords of screaming Child Soldiers !!

Plus I dont think his Giro comes thru til next week :shock:

The retoric sounds a trifle like the campaign against the arms trade wallahs that visit us from time to time. The reality is they do these things to get publicity to try to suck in more gullible recruits, our protesters at the gate go away after the press have taken their pictures, and we get advance warning because they 'book' theirmpress coverage. I suspect that the best thing to do is to ignore them taht way they do not get the additional publicity a public argument will create.

Jack77

War Hero
Unfortunately, sad little fuckwits are always with us. No doubt Jobby or whatever he calls himself is one of those pathetic individuals who needs to make himself feel important by denigrating those who are actually contributing to society.

slim

War Hero
Billy Connolly always referred to turds as Jobies. Looks like this guy certainly knew what he was when he changed his name!

sweeney

Lantern Swinger
Have you looked at his website? Very clever stuff... :???:

What a load of total sh1t. And a nice use of an AK weapon system in his name. Suits his "right on mentality". Its also the preferred weapon of real child soldiers. The man is an A-Grade chariot with too much time on his hands.

To follow on from what Phil said, Britain is not breaking the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child since our minimum joining age at 16 is outside its definition of a child (up to and including the age of 15). The matter is complicated perhaps by the NSPCC who have always defined a child as a young person up to and including the age of 16 years.

In fact the views the guy expresses are shared by many MPs who also wish to raise the minimum age at which one may join-up to 18, and it is frequent reports of bullying and inappropriate behaviour towards young recruits in the Army that is principally behind this, often in constituents' letters. This was once a problem with the RN too, but luckily that is no longer the case.

Finally I have to confess :oops: that before I used this site and regularly read the contributions, I too shared this view - despite being an ex-Junior Observer, because I was so appauled by and angry about what I'd read of mistreatment in the G Spot! So one can make mistakes through ignorance/stupidity! :oops:

Nicks said:
Here is a copy of the letter to the Local paper I have written in response to the Hippies Letter;

As the father of the so called "Child Soldier I was interested to read Joby Akira's letter.

Although he is entitled to his opinion in this matter I think he needed to get a few facts correct before writing his letter,
The first being that HMS Exeter does not carry Cruise Missiles and also that a serving member of the Armed forces cannot serve in a Combat/War Zone until they are 18.
Also the main aim of the Armed Forces is to be a Detterent to any Country thinking about attacking and British Principalities around the Globe,not an aggressor.

It is people like my son and countless other people's sons going back to the First World War who choose to have a career in the Armed forces that keep these shores free from Facism /Terrorism and also clean from drugs to the best of there ability and are willing to put there lives on the line if needed.

But the most important thing is that they allow us to retain the freedom of speech which Joby Akira has opted to use.

As a footnote my other son has just joined the Army,so look out Joby Akira !!

Signed "An Ex Child Soldier"

I think I am quite polite in the matter and I know my boy has replied as well,but he wouldnt tell me what he has written,but I will find out on Thursday when the papers published !
Nicks,

I thought you were a lapsed Child Sailor!

Dear me!

Steve.

It is a fact of life that the general impression of the age of responsibility is rising. It is not that long ago that boys joined the forces at 15 and were quite likely to be in a position to see action by the age of 16. With the current pressure which has been growing for quite a few years now to raise the scholl leavig age to 18, this upward pressure continues, raising smoking to 18 is almost a done deal up here and the kids had better watch out or the kegal age for sex will be next on the list.

Of course when they get everything up to 18 then 21 will be the next target

Maxi_77 said:
It is a fact of life that the general impression of the age of responsibility is rising. It is not that long ago that boys joined the forces at 15 and were quite likely to be in a position to see action by the age of 16. With the current pressure which has been growing for quite a few years now to raise the scholl leavig age to 18, this upward pressure continues, raising smoking to 18 is almost a done deal up here and the kids had better watch out or the kegal age for sex will be next on the list.

Of course when they get everything up to 18 then 21 will be the next target
Perhaps TB should spend less time trying to emulate the ideals articulated in Plato's Republic and more time focussing on how real people live and the experiences of most people in school.

Always_a_Civvy said:
Perhaps TB should spend less time trying to emulate the ideals articulated in Plato's Republic and more time focussing on how real people live and the experiences of most people in school.
Perhaps we can encourage failed PM and other misisters to take hemlock as well if they are going ancient Greek on us.

Tas-ape

Lantern Swinger
stumpy said:
The Navy PR people should invite him onboard HMS Exeter and show him round. Seriously it might do a lot of good.
Aye....ten minutes in the tiller flat................. :roll:

Send him a copy of Harry Hargreaves: It Wasn't All Mayhem: The Musings of a Matelot (pp23-30) and let him decide if that is a desciption of the actions of a child or a man. I know adults who couldn't behave with that kind of maturity in their 30s!

safewalrus

War Hero
Anyone noticed Jobby or whatever his name is, is trying to dress like a Child Soldier? any why the obsession with Homosexual acts? (most of who just get on with it if they want to, like most everybody else)

.....or is it a Toy Soldier?

safewalrus said:
Anyone noticed Jobby or whatever his name is, is trying to dress like a Child Soldier? any why the obsession with Homosexual acts? (most of who just get on with it if they want to, like most everybody else)

.....or is it a Toy Soldier?
I'm not sure about trying to dress like a CHILD soldier, some sort of psuedo-soldier perhaps. The obsession with homosexual acts is probably because that is calculated to get the conservative Christian lobby on his side - the Christian Right were vociferously opposed to allowing gays in the Forces on the grounds that their presence were a danger to young servicemen who might be seduced into becoming homosexual or preyed upon - this indeed was why the age of consent was reduced to 21 and not 18 in 1967 - over concerns about National Servicemen. And as we all know single females never get seduced by men of course. His reasoning could go along the lines that as the ECHR has forced the government to allow gays in the Forces, so it follows that children should be protected by being excluded from the Forces - in which case his argument is simply following some current Evangelical thinking, and is after all, logically consistent, even if one considers his opinions dubious.

safewalrus said:
Which is plausable should he have the ability to think! But I doubt that from looking at his website! Total Bal****
Oh well in that case he's probably a reject from the Sea Cadets and taking out his bitterness on Nicholson. I think this calls for £50K in damages for hurting a baby matelot's feelings! :twisted:

Always_a_Civvy said:
safewalrus said:
Which is plausable should he have the ability to think! But I doubt that from looking at his website! Total Bal****
Oh well in that case he's probably a reject from the Sea Cadets and taking out his bitterness on Nicholson. I think this calls for £50K in damages for hurting a baby matelot's feelings! :twisted:
Not forgetting the untold damage he has done to his father as well !!

slim

War Hero
He possibly asked his mummy who his daddy was. She told him some soldiers. When he asked which ones perhaps she said she wasn't certain, in fact she couldn't even remember which regiments.

Nicks said:
Always_a_Civvy said:
safewalrus said:
Not forgetting the untold damage he has done to his father as well !!
Sorry Nicks, it wouldn't stand up in court. You'd mention you were at the G Spot and they'd tell you that after THAT experience, you should be able to cope with anything (Even being trapped in a lift for a week with Jade)! Sorry mate! :wink: :lol: Nicholson and mother should both get £50K though...

Latest Threads