Chief Constable victim of own Speed cameras

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by lamptramp63, Aug 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As reported in the Scottish press Mr Lattimer CC of Northern Constabulary was ticketed ( £60 + 3pts) for exceeding the 60 mph speed limit on the notorious A9 namely at 72mph. All the road safety groups are up in arms BUT who can honestly say they do not speed?

2. For all Simpson fans; ha ha!

3. Getting caught by a speed camera is inevitable nowadays, just like running over a cat. Except I slow down when I see a speed camera. :evil2:

4. Jimmy
    be careful not to get caught by a speed camera when accelerating for the fcuking cat

Edited to take out the swear word, just been on navyoppos and it's allowed there :thumright:

5. FLYING FCUKING A!
    I live for news like that (Sad git that I am)

6. Very definitely a case of poetic justice. I wonder if we'll see the number of cameras reduce in his area now? Unlikely but I bet they don't increase so quickly.

SF

7. Great stuff!
    Now perhaps all those other officers who have been caught but not prosecuted, due to police 'discretion' in these matters, will be finally caught up with.
    One day, senior police officers may come to realise that this remote, black or white, method of policing and revenue gathering has done more to harm their credibility than just about anything else.

8. As speed cameras serve no purpose other than a "cash cow" for the LA the CC was only doing his civic duty and making a £ 60 donation to the deprived in the North of Scotland.

There but the grace of God go I
    Since I retired my get out of Jail free card expired.

9. You'd think he'd know where they are though

10. Senior Officer (police) + Knowledge ( cameras) = conflict in terms

11. Here in the Virginia Colony we have Red Light Cameras (across the river in DC and Maryland they have speed and red light cameras)

We had the red light cameras for 10 years on a trial.. at the end of the trial the State General Assembly would not approve an extension.. so we lost the cameras for two years.. then under pressure they were again approved.. MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving claimed that the State Legislators could not use their position to get a warning vs a ticket when dealing with a camera.. and a camera was public record..

MADD shamed the law makers into re-enstating the cameras..

12. NC always have a mobile van at Daviet on the A9 northbound when ever ICT or Ross County are playing at home for a few hours before the match. I knew this but still got done! DOH!!

13. Seeing as I spend a lot of time driving up and down the roads - not always within the national speed limit - I invested in a "Road Angel". Magic bit of kit which sits on the dash and tells you where all the nasty speed cameras are! Not only that, if one of Her Maj's Constabulary Officials points a laser operated speed estimation device in your general direction it positively screams at you! What I really want is one that launches a stinger missile at the damn things -

14. Speed camera's

I think the worse roads in Scotland are the A68 and the A 1 North of the Border . Camera's everywhere .

The A9 is Ok . In Fife they don't have Gatso's just the camera's in vans
    speed trap. They usually advertise their locations each week or roads they will be concentrating on.

:nemo: :nemo:

15. The only problem being that when laser is used ,by the time you react and kill your speed its too late, you have been caught.

16. me too katw
    Hardy ha

17. quote="lamptramp63"]
    The only problem being that when laser is used ,by the time you react and kill your speed its too late, you have been caught.[/quote]

Quite possibly but the thing has a range of 1km and the theory is that it will pick up the laser scatter off the poor sod in front of you who has just been zapped! Can only say that the only time I got zapped I was behind some guy and the theory worked!

18. Quote Daktati "Quite possibly but the thing has a range of 1km and the theory is that it will pick up the laser scatter off the poor sod in front of you who has just been zapped! Can only say that the only time I got zapped I was behind some guy and the theory worked! "

Theory sound but what if you are the only vehicle ?
    How good is it in picking up hand held radar such as Muni Quip?
    Remember it has no use against Vascar which is still commonly used by patrol cars/bikes on overhead motorway bridges. etc
    Be alert for stationary marked /unmarked plod cars
    Most unmarked cars are Beemers Mercs Saabs etc same as the marked ones.
    Never rely on elctronic gadgets as they will fail when you need them most

19. Anyone care to have a level bet that whichever camera did him is no longer in operation!

20. what i cant understand is they call em safety cameras but they are on roads out the way where not a lot of pedesttrians they should be on residential roads near schools shops etc