Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Chicken Hawk, £0.99, for Kindle - Amazon, Too late ya missed it!!!!!!

Waspie

War Hero
If you want to fly a Huey, this is the book. A pilots eye look at the Viet Nam war with a right surprise at the end.
Only 99pence for the Kindle edition, but only valid today.
Chicken Hawk

If you want to fly a Huey, this is the book. A pilots eye look at the Viet Nam war with a right surprise at the end.
Only 99pence for the Kindle edition, but only valid today.
Chicken Hawk
Advice taken & purchased (To be read later when current trauma of home move recedes...)

Just the one Q, folks:

1635792115268.png
?? Mmmm, Falklands, WTF??

Why & why not #1 in Vietnam Biographies??

Any answers please from @Waspie,
or any other FAA Whirly-Bird current/former operators/maintainers?

Advice taken & purchased (To be read later when current trauma of home move recedes...)

Just the one Q, folks:

View attachment 59943
?? Mmmm, Falklands, WTF??

Why & why not #1 in Vietnam Biographies??

Any answers please from @Waspie,
or any other FAA Whirly-Bird current/former operators/maintainers?
No idea why "in Falklands War Bio".

Bloody good book. A must for all Chef Pilots. If you couldn't fly a helicopter now, you will be able to after a read. Well written narrative about civvy, to warranted officer piloting Huey's in 'Nam'.

Mine's pre kindle and technology, you have to turn the pages by hand...some of us may remember those things.
I used to use those pagey, turny things. I found carrying over a thousand or so quite tiring. Maybe the gravity is different down in antipodean land?????;):D:D:D

Sure does, blood rushes to the head - not that head anymore I'm sorry to say....I had to ask what a kindle was a couple of years ago :confused:, but to be honest can't bothered with the bloody thing, bit of a luddite in some respects really.

Currently reading a history of the SBS. SBS The Invisible Raiders. James D Ladd. Only about 20% in but seems ok.
Looks like the SBS have gone full circle. Merged with Stirlings LRDG/SAS in WW2. Parted and now have merged again, only this time for fiscal reasons I believe. (Although I know there is a rumour it is to prevent blue on blue as happened in 82!!)
But anyone wanting to know more about the 'Sneaky Beakies' looking like a good read.

Latest Threads