Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Illuminati, Mar 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, been on the waiting list since jan 2009 to join as a chef done all my tests and re-tests etc, so was wondering if any other chefs have had a start date and how long was you waiting? cheers

Also when i made my application in 2009 after i passed all my tests i failed on my medical 5kg overweight and the doctor gave me 3 months to lose the weight, but in that time i broke my ankle so my fitness regime was screwed and it was in 2010 when i was fit enough and had lost all the weight when i finally took my medical again.

So my question is will that hold back my application, my careers adviser said no but i think he might just be saying that not to dampen my spirits, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers illumianti
  2. So you think that your Careers Adviser is spineless.
    You should be aware that many CA's other than NS and SM visit this site but don't necessarily post on it. I hope that yours is one of them. It wouldn't be too difficult to work out who you are as you have described your circumstances quite openly. Chef, overweight, broken ankle, lost fitness, another medical.

Tread carefully the next time you visit or speak to the AFCO
  3. on a lighter note, best of luck with sorting out your problem
  4. Never trust a skinny cook though eh?
  5. good drills ;)
  6. Aye.......