Chef

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
For Chef Submariner there's vacancies in November this year.

For General Service Chef, there's no current forecast but my guess is anything between 8-12 months.

Scarface2009

Lantern Swinger
Hi there am going in as a chef also, passed the selection process just waiting for my SC, i had my RT on the 26th March and i go to Raleigh on the 4th October

It is not as long as a lot of other roles, that is for sure, it might be shorter on the subs

why dont you contact your AFCO as they will be willing to give you a more reliable answer

Hope this Helps

SCARFACE2009

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
scouse said:
ossyboydug said:
Does anyone know how long the waiting list for a job as chef would be thanks.
Their are No repeat No chefs in the Royal Navy :wink: :wink: only COOKS got it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmn, surprised no-one's risen to the bait yet, how disappointing. :cry:

For the uninitiated, Royal Navy Cooks became Chefs by title in around 1996. More recently we've changed the name so it's quick & easy to understand. Erm kind of.

They are now called: "Logistician (Catering Services)(Preparation)" or Logs(CS)(P).

Doubtless some highly intelligent individual thought that one up & one would hope they were handsomely rewarded by way of HM The Boss's Honours List & a reasonable index-linked pension akin to an MP's expense account.

Ninja_Stoker said:
scouse said:
ossyboydug said:
Does anyone know how long the waiting list for a job as chef would be thanks.
Their are No repeat No chefs in the Royal Navy :wink: :wink: only COOKS got it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmn, surprised no-one's risen to the bait yet, how disappointing. :cry:

For the uninitiated, Royal Navy Cooks became Chefs by title in around 1996. More recently we've changed the name so it's quick & easy to understand. Erm kind of.

They are now called: "Logistician (Catering Services)(Preparation)" or Logs(CS)(P).

Doubtless some highly intelligent individual thought that one up & one would hope they were handsomely rewarded by way of HM The Boss's Honours List & a reasonable index-linked pension akin to an MP's expense account.
For fcuks sake today there are rates than I can't even spell. where has all the time gone? In my day you were either ships company COOK C or an officers COOK O.C. simple as.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
toycommandos The Gash Barge 13
slim Diamond Lil's 17
andym The Gash Barge 2