Chef

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ossyboydug, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know how long the waiting list for a job as chef would be thanks.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For Chef Submariner there's vacancies in November this year.

For General Service Chef, there's no current forecast but my guess is anything between 8-12 months.

3. Hi there am going in as a chef also, passed the selection process just waiting for my SC, i had my RT on the 26th March and i go to Raleigh on the 4th October

It is not as long as a lot of other roles, that is for sure, it might be shorter on the subs

why dont you contact your AFCO as they will be willing to give you a more reliable answer

Hope this Helps

SCARFACE2009

4. Ninja_Stoker

Thanks, I'll try that.

5. Their are No repeat No chefs in the Royal Navy :wink: :wink: only COOKS got it :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Ninja_Stoker

Hmmn, surprised no-one's risen to the bait yet, how disappointing. :cry:

For the uninitiated, Royal Navy Cooks became Chefs by title in around 1996. More recently we've changed the name so it's quick & easy to understand. Erm kind of.

They are now called: "Logistician (Catering Services)(Preparation)" or Logs(CS)(P).

Doubtless some highly intelligent individual thought that one up & one would hope they were handsomely rewarded by way of HM The Boss's Honours List & a reasonable index-linked pension akin to an MP's expense account.

7. Yeah. NJ, Scarface thinks you need to have a chat with yourself. :lol:

8. For fcuks sake today there are rates than I can't even spell. where has all the time gone? In my day you were either ships company COOK C or an officers COOK O.C. simple as.